You are here

I realise I don't want to marry SO because of his daughter!

oncechoosetosmile's picture

The last few weeks I thought hard about my rs with SO. He indicated last valentines day that he would like to "put a ring on my finger" next year, so I suppose I know he thinks about marriage, engagement etc .
It started me thinking- I didn't really say a lot back then when it came up.
I feel so bad when his daughter SD 8 is here- half of my life is not the same- I suffer some anxiety, tummy problems and frequent migraines.He tried to treat her less than a mini wife but when it comes to the "crunch" eg if someone even the slightest has to criticize his offspring he freaks out and gets super defensive- often on my cost. By now I can't stand the situation anymore and long for someone who treats me always like his first and only wife , not only 50% and if I am "well behaved" and keep my mouth closed.Am I selfish? I think I actually am- I am 43 and have three beloved kids on my own- the negativity that I experience about SD is something I am not used to and don't want to get used to.
She is not really a naughty child but has a huge mouth, a princess attitude and is totally depended on Dadaaa.
Dadda is not coming across very sexy in general when he behaves like a overprotective chicken mother around SD.If he would behave like a normal father and man, I doubt I would feel threatened by SD.
Now we will have SD 3 weeks in a row this month and the thought about that is making me so upset.I really don't know what to do. To tell you the truth- when my kids are here (I have them thanks god 70% off the time)I feel ok , but having only her here for a few days , hanging all over daddddaaaa and every minute trying to get his attention, makes me feel like a prisoner.
The worst is that I can't speak to SO about anything or he will be insulted or give me the shits about me feeling like that and daring to say something.
I am aware it is not good .I maybe face a break up with SO in the future.
SO intends to get loud when we have conflicts and he suggested a while ago to find a councellor which I wanted him to do.I also told him that this time I really needed him to do that step for us.Guess what , he never even followed it up.

katielee's picture

I seriously considered leaving last night. I HATE feeling like I feel. I was always loved and cherished as "mama" so I don't even know me in this situation.

Executivestepmother's picture

RUN! Or be honest with him about your feelings. I told my husband that I'm really not enjoying my life, and not because if who is 6 year old is but because of how he treats them. I said I'm the wife, the only wife, and if he wants to keep this wife, he needs to treat his daughter like a child and teach her a few things. I told him if he wants his daughter to grow up into someone who can't take care of herself, he's on the right path... but if he wants to help her grow into a great person we have some work todo. He wasn't happy at first, but he's really starting to come around and I hate my life LESS! I resent him less...

If you are not honest, it will eat away at you. It won't help anyone and he won't know the real you.