You are here

is it just me???

lil_lady's picture

I grew up in a home where running... was what you did outside... jumping... was what you did outside... throwing... was what you did outside. Was my mother just overly strict? Now I realize that I have very you skids and this stuff does not just happen over night. When I say stuff I mean learning the difference between outside and inside activities. However, I feel you dont encourage a child to run jump and so forth until they can understand when the appropriate time is for it. Yes there where times when my step dad let me jump off the stairs into his arms or I had a friend over and we took turns doing something silly like piling a buncha pillows in a room and running and jumping. And we did this after asking the parent... not all the time lol but most of the time because if we didnt we would get in trouble and told to stop. However it was not something I did on my own accord every day all day. Now I am about to completely come unglued and loose it on SO so before I do, am I just being a pregnant unrested bitchy preggo lady? Does anyone else see the merrit to teaching kids that such activities only happen outside and only special times in the house?

Rags's picture

Sounds that you are being reasonable to me. Indoor activities in doors, outdoor activities outdoors. More importantly, kids do what they are told to do when they are told to do it.

Goog luck.

over_the_rainbow's picture

I remember when I was a kid, I was running through the house, headed for the bathroom, and I whacked my foot on a chair and broke my pinky toe. After an ice pack and lots of crying, mom told me - THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULDN'T RUN IN THE HOUSE! I learned the hard way Sad