You are here

Just curious! Skids and conversations with DH/SO.

windee's picture

How many of you have skids that listen in to your conversation with DH/SO and butt in all the time! Asking what did you say? Questioning everything. I have to tell him that I was talking to DH or the conversation is between the 2 of us.

oilandwater's picture

SD14(at the time) was eavesdropping on my end of a phone conversation with DH and she had the nerve to call him while I was still on the phone with him and tell him she heard what I said. (I was griping about having to take her somewhere at the last minute because of her lack of planning that she had been reminded about the night before) She was upstairs and I was on the other side of the house so she didn't accidentally hear me. DH stared fussing at me, I just walked out into the hall where I knew she could hear and said, "If she wasn't creeping around listening to my phone calls she wouldn't have been able to hear me!", in a very loud voice. Shut him up. She then proceeded to call her mother and cry to her about how mean I am. Win/Win Blum 3

VioletsareBlue's picture

SD15 has this really annoying habit. I now say, "We're not talking to you!" or "This has nothing to do with you!"

purpledaisies's picture

My skids didn't do it to get info they would just interrupt b/c they were never taught that it is rude. They would want somehting or to tell dh something that they did or what ever. I would tell them daddy and I are talking when we are done you may talk to him. That stopped a lot it. Of course they forget sometimes but I jsut remind them. they forget b/c they allowed and it is expected that they are the center of everything and the ONLY reason bm is here is to cater to their every whim!

paul_in_utah's picture

SD17 does this **all** the freaking time. She will hide out on the top of the landing, and try to hear what DW and I are saying. DW is aware of the eavesdropping behavior, but of course does nothing to correct it. If I have anything important to say to DW, I will make her come into the master bath and turn on the tub full blast. That creates enough noise that SD can't hear.

Shannon61's picture

I also have this problem w/adult SD (27). I can't get DH to stop yakking in front her or if she's in ear shot. I warned him about this before we got married. So now when he starts I tell him I'll talk to him about it later and clam up. He's finally catching on.