You are here

New to forum... sorry long and venting!

CynS1122's picture

Got a question, but before I ask a little background. I'm a SM to a 13 y/o DSD. Married to her BF for 5 years. BM wants to raise CS for College Expense. Is that possible? DSD is only in 8th grade. For the last 3 years my DH has been reactivated in the Air Force (not his full-time job) and is making more money than his civilian job. Can she get CS on income that is not 365 days a year? He has been told that this fiscal year he will have to go back to his civilian job because of the cut back in the war. Oh BTW, we already agreed on paying an extra $100 a month since a year ago. I told DH to file for custody... since I can’t have kids, I want to take care of my DSD. In my opinion BM take her kids (has a child with her current husband) for granted. BM has made a comment a year ago, “my DD can go live with her dad when she turn 18.” What does that tell you? She only care about the CS check. Poor DSD is brain washed by her BM. And get no love and attention there, but her BM has her convinced that she needs to stay with her. DSD’s SF made a couple comments that I wanted to kick his @$$... That we don’t care because we don’t go to her games, plays or other activities... Well, first of all we live an hour away (the distance is not the case because DH works in that area), but that her game and stuff aren’t until after 6 p.m. and DH would have to drive an hour home to get changed and drive back an hour to watch DSD in what she is doing, and then drive an hour home, by the time we get home it will be around 9-10 p.m. (depending on the activities) and then DH has to get up at 4 a.m. for work the next day. Of course, if we had custody of her do you think they would make the effort to see her in her activities, maybe at first but not all of them.

I’m sorry for the length, but I don’t have anyone to talk about this to anyone. It’s not common for me to find a SM that feels the same pain I do... what I mean by that is since I can’t have my own kids that I love my DSD with all the love that I would have for my own.

Cyn