You are here

Newbie lol

MdMom's picture

I have been searching for a stepparent forum for quite some time now. I have only tried to get advice from one forum before and was ridiculed, and called an evil step mom because I don't know how to help my SD (2.5) and my Bio daughter (18 mo) share. So I have been very weary of asking for advice. But I have read some posts and comments left by other stepparents on this site and I am really hoping I can have a better experience.

A little bit about me:
I am a 24 year old mother of 2 girls (with one unknown in the oven) and a step mom to my fiances 3 year old little girl.
My fiance and I had gotten together a few months after his divorce, my SD was only 8mo at the time, and I was already prego with my first daughter. (Her bio is not in the picture, wasn't there through my pregnancy and hasn't made any attempt to contact after she was born, gave up his rights as soon as he found out) and my fiance and his ex have 60/40 custody (we get the 60).
Me and BM have been corgal (excuse my spelling) for the last two years. Just recently (since she found out we were having another baby) she has been hounding my fiance about Child support ( which he doesn't have to pay, because we have her a majority of the time) and has been saying that my SD doesn't get enough attention when she's with us. What nerve! How the hell would she know how much attention she gets when she's with us? BM has just been a pill these last few months. Saying that she doesn't want me to be alone with SD, and wants us to put her in daycare on the days we have her. Or have her spend the days with her while my fiance works. I'm worried that she bounces between houses enough she doesn't need the stress of leaving everyday just to make BM feel better. Plus she's starting school full time next month, and expects us to pay for daycare for the three days she has SD, which I think is bogus. We won't be using the daycare so why should we pay?
BM's requests have gotten more outrageous as the months have gone by. Not only does she want us to pay for daycare, but she has recently been having SD go to counseling (which I think is stupid) BM has told us that SD is out of control when she is with her (tantrums, night terrors, and back talk) which aside from the night terrors is pretty common for her age. But we have none of these problems with her when she's home.
I just think BM is being over dramatic with everything, and I needed to vent about her to someone other than my fiance, cause I'm sure he's tired of hearing me go on about her BS.

Thanks for letting me get this out. = ) it prolly won't be the last you hear from me. Lol

emotionaly beat up's picture

Poor kid, she probably is out of control with BM. BM sounds a bit out of control herself. The child probably misses the stability she has with you two when she is with BM. My concern would be BM saying things about you that are distressing he child.
Is it possible for your fiancé to go to one of these counselling sessions, or at least speak with her counsellor to get the gist of what's going on, and what BM is telling the counsellor. I'm surprised the counsellor hasn't ask to speak with him. Then again I guess BM wouldn't tell you if he/she had.

As far as child care etc., forget it. She cannot make you pay for that. But her accusations against you are concerning. Just stay away from her as much as possible. Let your fiancé do all the communicating with her. She sounds very jealous of you. The sound of your voice or the sight of you, especially a pregnant you, would be like a red rag to a bull. So I'd suggest you have no contact with her at all.

All the best with the pregnancy.

Disneyfan's picture

Depending on the state, BM can force dad to help pay for child care during her time. If she works or is in school full time, he will have to pay.

Check your state's child support site for details.

MdMom's picture

I've done the research, and we don't have to pay if BM signs a letter saying she doesn't need it (which she did sign because she does collect welfare for SD, and fiance pays medical and any bills that we get... Which is A LOT! It seems she goes to the ER almost every time she's with BM.) so technically she can't ask for support for the next 8 years.

But it still upsets me that she sees me as unfit to care for SD, all of the sudden. I mean when she was in school last year I was the one she dropped SD off with.

But i guess i just need to get over it, i mean what she does on her time is on her. Just as long as we keep our rutein and schedules on our time, and know that shes happy and safe. I just need to get over it.

MdMom's picture

@emotionaly beat up

I know she does talk smack about me and BD. I mean SD is 2.5 and VERY conversive. She let's us know, and knows what BM and BM's BF say isn't true.

BM just told him that she was going to go. After he told her that he wasnt going to pay for it, cause she honestly dpesnt need it, we havent heard anything about it. So idk if shes even taking SD.

I have had no contact with BM since i was told she has a problem with me. My fiance now does pick ups and drop offs. But it also seems that she is finding anything to talk to my fiance. Its always about SD but its always stupid stuff, like preschool..m she's 2 doesn't do preschool until she's almost 5 (because of when her Bday falls.) It talkes everything I have not to call her and explode over her stupidity. But I don't want to make things harder than she has already made them for us.

Guaahhh! I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes!!

christinen's picture

She's just jealous. When my DH and I first got together, BM freaked out. Then when we moved in together, she freaked again. When we got married, she freaked AGAIN. I can't even imagine her reaction when she finds out we are having a baby (not pregnant yet but we are trying). I just try not to let her get to me. She really is not a part of my life unless I make her a part of my life and I have no time or desire for her negativity! Try to just let it go and enjoy your pregnancy! Smile

MdMom's picture

I can understand her jealousy, I have what she will always want back. And fiance and I are happier than she and him ever were. After she found out I was prego with our first she ran out got a BF and had his baby 6 mo after I had my daughter. (She doesn't know Daughter #1 isn't his.)

When life is going good for us she always seems to throw anything she can in our path to disrupt our happiness, needless to say it doesn't usually work.

I just don't get why she spends so much energy on trying to make our life difficult. I thought that after she had her baby things would get easier. I am now learning that she thrives on the drama she creates.

Thank you for the pregnancy wishes, and good luck with creating your new family member. = )

Well you know what. She's just an idiot. Don't let her turn you into one. Just give her enough rope, I think she's the type who will hang herself.

She can't steal your fiancé, he would have to want to go. Now unless he is a bigger idiot than she is, in which case I doubt you'd be marrying him, then why would he choose her immature selfish stupidly over a happy settled family life with you. Don't worry, the more noise she makes, the sooner she will deafen him. He will see it all, probably did when his relationship with her ended, she is just putting the icing on the cake for him now, showing him how much better he is out of that relationship with her, and how lucky he is to have and be in love with you. She's doing you a favour.

Don't ring her, call her or communicate with her in anyway. When sd repeats her mothers bs, don't bag her mother, you can say, no that's not right because, or you can say, that's not nice, I don't want you to say things like that, just keeping it about her and not, your mothers a liar, or your mother shouldn't say things like that. But please don't get to the stage where you resent the child because she was unfortunate to have a mother like this. It is not her fault. Sounds like your fiancé has chosen a mother for his children more wisely this time. So, enjoy your family and don't get infected by her madness. She can't hurt you if you don't let her.

The less attention she gets from your fiancé and yourself, the sooner this will stop. It really is up to your fiancé to make sure he doesn't get caught in that trap where they think they have to jump through hoops or BM will withhold their child. That and only that is what will cause problems I your relationship, not her. Your fiancé giving her the upper hand by being scared.

Relax, enjoy your family and your pregnancy. It really is all good for you, don't let that idiot spoil it. You can't control her, but you can control how you feel,about her. When it gets to you, just remember, she is just jealous. Hopefully she gets herself a long term boyfriend soon so you can get on with he rest of your pregnancy in peace.

MdMom's picture

Thank you for your words. I would never demean BM to or around my SD, I know she has it hard enough at BM's. I just want her to be the little kid she is when she's home. She shouldn't have to stress about grown up stuff.

The sad thing is BM has had a BF for the last year and they have a soon to be one year old.

Like I tell my fiance when she presses his buttons, 'you can't speak rational words to an irrational person.' Aka 'you can't speak crazy if your not crazy yourself.' Lol

Thank you, I'm going to take your no contact words to heart, I don't need to talk to her, therefore I'm not gonna talk to her. Lol

Oh nuts, I was hoping a boyfriend might get her off your back. But a boyfriend and a baby, and she's still relentless. Guess she doesn't think much of her boyfriend, Let's hope Santa brings her a better one.

Glad your going to stay away from her, just do it mind, body and soul. She is nothing to you. Let her say what she wants, j she's a nutter, an unhappy jealous one at that, you have all the happiness in the world. Don't ruin it by giving her rent free headspace.

MamaDuck's picture

Hi there, I just wanted to comment because I had similar experience as you did on a different forum too. In my case I don't think the other mummy's knew what high-conflict means, I was told me and my SO were pathetic and childish for having no and low contact and that we need to be more understanding of BM's mummy needs etc etc etc *roll eyes* lol I'm feeling more at ease at this forum though, people actually understand and it's so helpful Smile

MdMom's picture

I know, I'm so happy my FH found this site. I tried another forum and cried for days because the women were just so mean to me! I just wanted some help/advice on how to handle SD and BD. Instead I got put down, and called horrible names.
After I told my FH he got upset, (I don't have very many friends, and none with the same blended family issues. Or kids at all!)

I just wanted some help. And im so glad that i have people whounderstand and arent rude about what im going through. And FH is happy I can vent to someone/thing other than him. Lol

Super happy I found this site!