You are here

One Week Til D-Day...Need Some Advice

NewBeginning's picture

Okay..this Sunday is it. Baby shower for the 19yo SD. I'll try to make this short and as simple as I can.

SD19 is pregnant by a man she intends to marry next year..her mother is a complete psycho who has emailed and texted many things over the course I have been with my DH..in other words tried to start many things that caused some problems here and there. SD19 and SS18 think their mother does no wrong.

SD decided she wanted a baby shower at a lake..picnic, cornhole, jetskis..and invite many people to it..and have it hosted by none other than her waste of skin mother.

DH's family HATES this woman with a passion..hates. She is nothing but trouble..is a useless waste of life that does not work and lives off the state. But seems to have money when money is needed..probably off the pot she grows and sells.

About 5 weeks ago, we received a phone call that the fiance had hit my SD and bruised her up pretty bad dragging her from her car. When my DH called her and told her he was pretty much going to knock the guy out, she proclaimed his innocence and said her mother made the whole thing up..said she hated her fiance and is telling lies on him. Admitted to a fight between her and her fiance and it got a little physical..yet he did not hurt her.

My DH was still livid..told her he didn't care if it was a 'little' fight as she called it - he still put his hands on his daughter and he was pissed. For about 3 weeks SD didn't call or come down and gave my DH the cold shoulder. Made him feel like the bad guy. She then calls me 2 weeks ago proclaiming her baby shower is being sabotaged by this huge lie her mother created...DEMANDED that I tell my DH to stop telling people about the incident because she was standing by her fiance..and her mother was a huge liar and was only trying to stir up crap. She said nobody wanted to come to the baby shower due to her fiance coming and that DH's family has all declared they are going to kick her fiance's ass...which I know they all have.

So I ask DH about all this...he said he STILL believe that the guy hurt his daughter and he knew his daughter well..knew how she lied and would protect him. NOW...knowing his piece of shit ex wife...I have NO idea what to believe. I really don't.

I'm coming to the end..I swear...lol...

Today....I tell my DH that I really was dreading this baby shower due to his ex wife being there. She still acts like she has rights to act the way she does and she makes me want to vomit when I see her crackwhore face. Who in the hell has a baby shower with men and women..at a lake..jetskis..volleyball..cornhole...and there was no way in hell that I am gonna be hanging out with the ex wife, her family or her friends. Not really something I want to attend but for my SD's sake..I am.

So I ask my DH some questions..like what is going on with the fiance? How are people gonna take him hurting my SD at this shower? Will there be issues? He has pretty much gone back to his 'my daughter does no wrong' routine and gave me that look that said he didn't really want to talk about it. Then he finally said just that.."I don't want to talk about it. I want us to go to the shower and be there for her. It's what she wants."

So now here's my deal Sunday...I am going to a baby shower being thrown by the BM. Either this domestic incident happened or it didn't..either way, I don't feel either way should be glorified. If this man DID put his hands on her, why act like the relationship is alright to go ahead...why act like nothing is wrong and go to this shower wishing good thoughts when a man beat up his pregnant fiance?

Then..on the other hand..if the BM DID lie about it...why are we going to party hosted by the tramp and nobody is confronting her on it? No one is calling her out on it and telling her sorry ass to NOT come to this party...why is she allowed to walk around this shower like she's a privileged individual that possibly screwed up this young man's life by lying about him committing a violent act against his pregnant fiance?

So......I did what struck me at the time......I told my DH I was done..completely done with this topic of contention. Told him it was none of my business..if no one wanted to do anything about him hurting her OR anything about the BM acting like she did..I was done hearing about it. I'm tired of things just getting shoved under the carpet - but watch out when the shit hits the fan. The drama is so thick you could bottle it and sell it for weeks. My DH is wanting to shrink back in the corner once again for Princess...she has whined and cried enough to him about how awful people are treating her fiance and that how her mother lied..YET she is still thinking her mother is the greatest thing since sliced bread...unreal.

I have decided in order to keep my sanity I am stepping out of this insanity...too much for me. DH was VERY visibly upset and told me I was family..he told me I was very much a part of this and wanted me to feel I wasn't any kind of burden. I let him know that I could no longer condone either thing..the fiance hurting her..IF he did...and condoning the BM lying in such a way and yet life goes on like nothing happened...and the fiance not having the balls to stand up to her letting her know the deal.

Too much like a soap opera to me...I'll go to this shower..shut my mouth and pray to God for it to be over REAL quick. I'll sit and watch the players in all this madness act like they don't have a care in the world and that all is well.

DH has tried to talk to me about things more and I just look at him..I'm done and I mean it. Too much bullshit with the SD and the BM...WAY too much. If I hear one more word on this subject I'll explode on him. He needs to deal with it and no longer will I have an opinion.

Hallelujah! I'm stepping outside the box....!!!

Okay..rant over!! Even if no one answers..thanks for letting me vent! Smile

StepMadre's picture

I now have the image of a pregnant woman waterskiing. Thank you! Haha! Only joking, although I have seriously never heard of anyone combining extreme water sports with a baby shower. Maybe the BM will arrange a Rugby match for the grandbaby's first birthday?

I am sorry to hear that there is even the possibility that your SDs fiance might have gotten physical with her. When you love someone it is torture to watch them being abused and not being able to really do anything about it. There is nothing more cowardly and disgraceful than a man physically abusing a pregnant woman, let alone the woman carrying his child. That is the time in life when women need the most protection from their partner, not the time when they need to fear the person they are supposed to trust the most. Before she had kids my mom was abused by her boyfriend and and when she went to her parents and told them she had been date raped they told her to marry the guy so that it wouldn't be a sin!!! She didn't know what else to do and so she married him! He beat her so horribly that she couldn't go out in public. She kept it from her dad (my granddaddy) but when he found out he flipped. She got a call from him telling her to pack her things and the next thing my mom knew, a black limousine picked her up and took her to a safe apartment. My grandpa got a mob boss to pick her up and the next thing she knew she was being represented in court by Don --- and she had no problems from her ex after that! He got picked up, beaten up and who knows what else, but my mom didn't hear from him again. She did however get a call years later from a woman who said she was his wife and she told my mom that she was being beaten, had two kids and didn't know what to do. She had stayed with him while she was being beaten, but apparently he had started to get violent with his kids and finally his wife stepped in. My mom called her dad and the loser's second wife got the same treatment as my mom and she got no contest in the custody battle and didn't hear from him again! I am not suggesting mafia solutions to domestic abuse, but when I hear stuff like this it is tempting to imagine some good, strong Italian men setting this loser straight. Nothing turns my stomach like the thought of someone hurting an unborn baby, especially their own!!!

I completely understand your husbands feelings (and his family). It sounds like a really screwed up situation in general. All I have to say is that that guy should be very grateful he's not in my family, because men who abuse women do not fare well. I can't imagine having to deal with this and a baby shower too! Ugh. You have my sympathy and I will pray for your SD and her baby, since it sounds like she doesn't have the sense to protect herself and her child from the creep and her mom doesn't have the common sense to throw a baby shower that is appropriate and less likely to cause drama. Good luck with this!!!

herewegoagain's picture

What a mess! Baby shower at a lake? Hmmm...

You aré doing the right thing. Buy a book and read the book while there...take advantage of the view and with a book, most people will leave you alone...

Pantera's picture

The lake thing made no sense to me either. Take the money for all of that crap and spend it on the baby. Thats a little much for a baby shower.

I think you are doing the right thing by stepping off. You need to keep your sanity.

And btw, what men like to go to baby showers?

NewBeginning's picture

Not alot of men I know..lol. And not many are going. Actually my SD is having a very hard time knowing that lots of people are not going simply because her mother is going and all this drama with the fiance. It's drained a lot of folks and no one wants to get involved. She has a way of making you feel so sorry for her..just like her mother.

And a baby shower and jet skis...okay...very odd to me. About as odd as the BM and I on the same volleyball team cheering each other on. It would be a cold day in hell before that shit would ever happen. }:)