You are here

O/T but I was wondering if anyone has been on the Branson Bell Show boat?

purpledaisies's picture

If so can you tell him if it is worth the money? Thank you so much

Rubber Ducky's picture

We actually went to Branson for a weekend mini-vacation earlier this year. We spent Saturday at Silver Dollar City and went to the Branson Belle for the evening dinner/show. We upgraded to the Captain's Row for the show also (first row balcony seats and slightly better dinner choices). Although it wasn't what I expected, I enjoyed it. (I was expecting to dine during the show, but they served the meal right away and had an intermission between dinner and the actual show.)

We went to the Encore! show. Other than the host for the evening being a comedian/magician, the main show was a random "boy band" (I don't remember their group name) and Janice Martin, an aerial violinist. She was also a good singer and played the piano as well. She only did the aerial act for her final performance. -- I just found a YouTube clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT6UBv7L4yY.

Our show was actually more fun due to the fact that they had a prom being held on the boat that evening?!? Everytime the male group appeared on stage, the girls were screaming like they were at a rock concert. It was hilarious to watch.

We both enjoyed the experience, but we agree that we are going to try the Dixie Stampede next time. Although the actual meal wasn't amazing, FDH swears the dessert on the Belle was the best he has ever had in his life.

purpledaisies's picture

I been to the Dixie Stampede and I loved it! They do serve the meal during the show there.

Thank you so much for that since we have season passes to SDC we can get general admission for 1/2 price. That was one of the reasons I was wanting to do it. Thanks