You are here

Dreading the Weekend

katielee's picture

Just sitting here dreading the weekend with SD11 that starts in 1 hour. This weekend is going to be hell because she'll be here three days. Anyone else here in the same boat?

sterlingsilver's picture

for me it's the opposite, I am having a break from ss16 this weekend for 4 days b/c he's going to Grandma's. This is absolutely the FIRST weekend without him for 4 years and 2 months. The longest he's ever been gone is just one night to friends. So I am doing the merry jig. Sorry, just had to say it Smile

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Same here, and I used to love all the holidays! Now I have to worry about what stunts the skids will pull and whether BM will actually keep them for her allotted time or pawn them off.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

I always seem to have emergencies and new admissions at work the weekend the skids come back. It's such a coincidence! }:)

luchay's picture

Yep. Me however many that is now who've responded.

Had some bad news yesterday - my ex MIL passed away early hours of Thursday morning. So I picked my bd's up early from school and talked to them about it all, and we were home all evening instead of at dancing (usually 5-8) Wasn't a bad night which surprised me.

(SD12 going on 13 was here Thursday evening. First up she ignores me as she walks right past me when I got home. I said "hello SD" nothing - the blank face, so I said it again louder ... SD "oh, hello sorry I didn't see you" Fuck off I am a foot in front of you! Then after tea we're sitting on the sofa (OH and I) and he gets his tablet to do whatever and she walks in and is all "oh Daddddyyyyy can I play on it?" bitch has an ipad FFS, he literally had just turned it on and he handed it straight over to her. So there she is snuggled at his feet playing on HIS tablet. Then the whispering starts, I am right next to him so I can hear snippets. It's all about her getting in first to make the plans for this weekend, Daddddyyyyyy you need to take me here and there and I really have to go here, and I want to go there.... to his credit he was non-committal about it all. I asked him what all that was about "oh sd-y (he always adds "y" to the end of her name) needs to do a few things on the weekend" Ok. so did you agree to them? NO. Good, because remember WE have already made the plans and are doing xyz this weekend?)

So I am already pissed at her, she just wants to be the wife here, be the one he is planning with and snuggling with.

But last night was good.

This morning, I get up and take my girls to dancing. Usually when I get home I make OH and I breakfast and we have it in bed. Then he gets skids up and they go to basketball. On the drive home I talk firmly to myself about just letting things go this weekend, not letting her get to me. Things have been great lately, don't let her wreck it.

I walk in the door and my kitchen is a shambles, and SHE has given my OH his breakfast in bed and is ensconced on MY sofa watching crappy kids TV.

I am SOOOOO pissed off. I stalk into the bedroom where OH is relaxing and tell him he better make her clean up that mess because I am sure as sh*t not doing it. And that I have cake-ing to do today so it's needs to be immaculate. He's taken aback LOL

I walk back out and she is cleaning the kitchen - I guess she heard me LOL

Little bitch better stay out of my way for the rest of this weekend, and if she so much as comes near us on the sofa tonight I swear to god I will not be responsible. And even though he doesn't read on here - he is on f*cking notice too - if he changes OUR plans tomorrow to accommodate her all hell will break loose.

Prepare for the fireworks.

(to be clear, SD is NOT coping since OH and I bought a house together, she tried all of last year to break us up but the house buying really pushed her over the edge as she realises I am NOT going anywhere. So she is upping the ante about trying to get rid of me. She wants Daddddeeeee back all to herself. SS9 is pretty good these days, I think he has accepted me and my girls and is quite happy to spend time with all of us, loves my dd7. SD on the other hand, daddy had her elevated to equal adult status with him for a long time and she is not liking being "replaced" as I am sure she sees it. I sometimes feel really petty and want to really yell and scream and make the bed shake at night so she knows that I can do things for Dadddyyyyy that she can't and that is why she will never win this battle!)

jumanji's picture

Yet, 10 minutes later, you're posting how you're flying with your girls to their GM/s funeral. So HOW is your stepdaughter ruining your plans with your husband? You're not going to be there. Makes no sense.

ETA - or are you flying out later? Even so - wouldn't you be helping your children grieve their grandmother's passing instead of having date night?

luchay's picture

I'm sorry I think you may have misunderstood.

My OH and the skids were at ss9's basketball game when I was posting, the plans were for Saturday evening and Sunday - they were whole family plans not "date night" - we don't get time alone when the skids are around - Ha! Nice as it might be to get even 15 minutes alone with my OH apart from in bed!

The funeral is on TUESDAY.

My dd's were at their dance class all day Saturday - I gave them the option of missing it which they did on Friday night, but they CHOSE to go on Saturday.

The whispered conversation between SD and OH re the weekend plans took place on THURSDAY night - before the ex MIL passed away, so at that point there was no issue of helping the kids grieve.

But yeah, thanks for your input.

ahhhh - just re-read my post - ok the mil passed Thursday night early hours of Friday morning - not Thursday morning.

jumanji's picture

Yeah - I think we cross-posted. I'll take the bad for it.

notmyspawn's picture

I am getting out of this boat in about an hour!! THANK YOU BABY JESUS!!! So happy there are activities on weekends, cause it means less time here.