You are here

OT-Lets TaLk Sangria

Totalybogus's picture

I need a good Red Sangria recipe that uses cinnamon. It can only have red wine in it with no other liquors. Anyone wish to share theirs?

Acratopotes's picture

Apples in slices, Mango in slices, orange cubes.....

Red wine.... you can add a stick of cinnamon, let it over night ... sometime I will add a bit of sparking water the night before, tastes nice but do not eat the fruit lol.......

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Traditional Sangria has red wine and brandy in it. Here's one I've used without brandy:

1-750 ml bottle of red wine (medium-bodied like Merlot or Tempranillo)
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar
Juice from 1 orange or 1 lemon or 2 limes
Cava (Spanish Champagne) or soda water to top off

In a large pitcher, mix the red wine, sugar, and fruit juice. Refrigerate overnight.

To serve, fill a glass 1/2 - 2/3 full of sangria, top with chilled Cava (or soda water) and add a garnish.

GARNISHES:

1. If serving in a punch bowl, put fruit chunks/slices into a ring mold. Fill with a mixture of 2/3 red wine and 1/3 soda water. Freeze. Float in punch bowl.

2. Freeze grapes, peach chunks, pineapple chunks, cherries. Add desired amount/type of fruit to the glass.

3. Slice oranges, lemons, or limes. Cut a slit in each and place slice on rim of glass.

4. Slice/dice desired fruits (oranges, lemons, limes, peaches, etc). Top with 1-2 tsp of sugar and 1 cup of chilled red wine. Muddle the fruit. Add to glass of sangria before serving.

Rags's picture

With cinnamon in it, it sounds to me that a mulled wine may be something you would enjoy. Look for a can of mulling spice and give it a try. It tends to be a hot drink but it can be nice iced too.