You are here

O/T - when can I take a pregnancy test??

leftfield's picture

The "ex and I only had sex 2 times in October.

The first time we had sex was October 7th. I started my period October 9th. I was a week early, but I"m always irregular. Is it safe to say that I wouldn't have started my period if we conceived 2 days prior to my period?

And the last time we had sex was 1.5 weeks ago. I should start my period next week. If I take a test in a few days, isn't that too soon to detect the pregnancy hormone if I just conceived 2 weeks ago?

I may test to see next week because if we conceived October 7th, it will surely show up. But will it show up if we conceived 2 weeks prior??

Lauren1438's picture

two weeks prior I would say no, the hormone most likely wont be strong enough to trigger the test. Remember to always take them first thing in the morning you are more likely to get a more accurate result. take one in a few days and then wait a couple of weeks and take another.

Kes's picture

Most tests are 90 something per cent accurate if used on the day your period would have started. You can take them earlier, but for every day earlier you take it, there is a 10% more chance of not getting an accurate result - so you may be pregnant and it won't show up yet.
You won't have conceived on Oct 7th if your period started 2 days later, and it was a normal period. Occasionally you can be very early pregnant and get a bit of spotting.