You are here

please read this posted question

SugarSpice's picture

i am in the same place as this women. it is on issues dealing with being a wife in relation to adult skid.

http://www.dearcupid.org/question/why-is-my-husband-stingy-with-me.html

secondplace's picture

Her poor writing skills aside - I do feel sorry for the woman. But, her husband has a point as well. If she wants nice things, perhaps she needs to earn the money herself.

However, I would lose my shit if my husband showered his adult princess with luxury goods and services and I had to go without.

Disneyfan's picture

I agree with the husband. Get a better paying job.

What 29 year old settles for a job that only pays $7.00 an hour?

It's interesting that she isn't complaining that her husband is disrespectful or abusive. Her issue is that he won't spend his money on her. :sick:

SugarSpice's picture

i am exactly where this woman is, grammar not withstanding. dh goes cheap with me on holiday gifts or occasions. then he goes insane with gifts for adult royal highness.

her highness graduated from university and he got her a car and paid off half of it. then he goes on the cheap with wedding anniversary gift citing his parents need help then blows five hundred dollars on other sd because she such a good young woman. no occasion. just spoiling her.

i am in the process of disengaging all the way from skids and the husband. his repeated actions of spoiling is helping me do this.

Disneyfan's picture

Why stay?

If you are not happy with the way your spouse treats you, why stay?

Livingoutloud's picture

Why do you want to be in marriage where you are disengaged from your spouse? It defies the whole concept of marriage. If I want to be disconnected from my DH, I'd leave. Otherwise it's just illusion of marriage.

SugarSpice's picture

disengaging is just that. removing a part of ones involvement with ones spouse or the skids.

you seem to have an all or none way of dealing with marriage. things are rarely that cut and dried in life as the boards are full of people in various stages of engagement with members of their families.

i have an arrangement that works for me.

Disneyfan's picture

It's just hard to understand why someone will stay in a marriage where they feel this way.

How can stand to look at, much less be intimate with a man you feel treats you in such a disrespectful manner?