You are here

Prescription drug users. What is my obligation to the grandkids

juliecameron's picture

Grand kids are being baby sat by prescription drug users and dealers. I have concerns and feel horrible knowing this is going on. I am an aunt of the adult kids who allow or do not know the full situation. Is it my responsibility to stand up for the babies? Or just stay out of this horrible environment.

ChiefGrownup's picture

How bad is it? Bad enough to call CPS? If so, just call.

If your niece/nephew is a responsible person and trusts the babysitter, don't. Having prescription drugs in the house does not make someone evil. If you have a philosophy against pharmaceuticals you cannot impose it on your relatives.

If you know for a fact they are selling oxycodone by the barrel to teenagers then just flat out call the cops.

juliecameron's picture

Pain killers… 180 a month is just one of the prescriptions. I was told 3 family members have prescriptions and use and sale them for money. My sister husband pick of 3 prescriptions and gives them to his oldest son to sale. Yes I know for a fact. Their mother tell me bits and pieces. I was an eye opener for me. I don't live this way and only want the best healthy life for them all. My sister has 4 sons. 1 son last year was taking over 100 a week of pain killers, he was going to die. He went to rehab and is still clean. My sisters other 2 adult sons still use and sale. They are the 2 living at home still, not working, but baby sit the grand babies 3-4 time a week. Her other son drinks and smokes pot as far a I know.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Call the DEA. They should be interested in who Dr. Feelgood is that dispenses these drugs like candy, too.

You can likely stay anonymous. Has your sister mentioned the name of the doctor? It would be easiest to call DEA with the name of the doc and then they can audit him and it will come out that way. Your name need never come up. After there is a citation for drug use then the custody matter will be much more solid.

You will be doing them all a favor if you do this. And society a favor, too.

Dontfeedthetrolls's picture

Believe it or not its EXTREMELY hard to get a doctor on the hook for dispensing drugs. It also sounds like this is multiple prescriptions for multiple people not just one person being given way to much. They can be going about getting these in many different ways. I work in the mental health field and see this first hand.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Well, she has multiple options. I did think she said he was getting a bunch from one doc but if not then police, cps, the school district involved, the HOA they live in, etc. Her sister isn't going to listen. If she wants to help I think she will have to through an institution of some kind.

juliecameron's picture

Sorry for the confusion. It is the adult kids/brothers using and dealing who are baby sitting the grandkids 3.4 times a week. The mother of one of the kids who is not married to the brother (babies daddy) had no idea what is going on nor do her parents. But the adult kids (father of the baby and 2 of the brother baby sit) mother and father know what is going on.