You are here

(Really NBD, but...) BM has the WORST taste

BadMamaJAMA's picture

BM just dropped SD7 off at our house. She's supposed to have her on weekends, but this is the second weekend in a row that she had a wedding to attend. Of course she didn't get a babysitter like a normal responsible parent, or even ASK if we could watch SD. She just said "I won't be able to take her those days." We told her we had somewhere to be at 4... lo and behold she drops SD off at 4:15.

But I digress...

The way this woman dresses - and the way she dresses her child - is just abysmal. I guess someone told her along the way that she was sexy, so she's just running with it. She showed up at our apartment with her boyfriend and his brother... they were in suits, mind you. She was wearing a super short tube dress with see-through lace cut-outs under the boobs. I think I let an audible, "Oh, my," when she got out of the car.

And then SD got out of the car in this short, tight ruffly dress with a pearl necklace. (She's 7.) Her mom had gone through the trouble of straightening her hair**, but for some reason decided to put it up in these stupid lopsided pigtails on top of her head.

I'm not so pissed off or concerned, so much as bemused. She only dresses SD like that sporadically. Usually she sends her to us in some faded leggings and a messy ponytail. I try to send SD to school on Fridays in clothes that BM owns, so we don't lose our stuff. But I'm embarrassed sending her to school like that.

Just a vent. Maybe it's all a difference in taste. Maybe in some cultures, looking like a Bratz doll is associated with class, intelligence, and poise. Blum 3

**In case you were wondering, I haven't posted since the fiasco in which I deigned to start a thread about cutting SD's hair. I'm not sure why everyone went so berserk about that... it was fine. DH texted a picture to BM who said "OMG! She looks so beautiful!" SD loves having short hair and never wants it long again. So, again, thanks for the input, but it really wasn't a problem at all.

sbm014's picture

This is why I am happy the final exchange with BM before we drop him off we pick him up from school so he can change clothes, the middle exchange which we have no control over we will send him in decent pants and a shirt we are willing to risk as sometimes she returns clothes and sometimes she "loses" them.

My SS looks like he is like super poor kid, or a like 90's hippy kid it's bad. This past time which he's still in decent clothes as school has just started he was in legit bell bottoms, and a blue shirt that was 2 tone and was at least a size to big, with his hair flipped up in the front with gel with like the little wave bang thing - I set these clothes aside and he will change into them Tuesday after school. I can't say we don't dress him semi outdated sometimes but he loves starched pants and polos which is what DH wears and his hair is gelled down mind you we live in a small country oil related town so starches are still somewhat big here, other than that he has normal pants and shorts and just cute shirts and polos that fit.

I am dreading as she gets lazier throughout the school year.

BadMamaJAMA's picture

Oh goodness. I don't know what's worse... bellbottoms or the butterfly ruffle sparkle explosion!

I send all the frilly stuff (and the stiff pink shoes SD can't walk in) back to BM's in grocery bags.... maybe she hasn't gotten the hint because she always comes back wearing that stuff. Or maybe those are the only clothes (besides the nice stuff that's at her house... I think) BM has for her.

sbm014's picture

Hahha...like I said only way he is returned in them is if we get him after school first so he doesn't look retarded.

BadMamaJAMA's picture

Very often, the clothes (and shoes) are too small.

And when I met SD, BM dropped her with DH in Spongebob pajamas...

This is the same woman who has made us feed SD, bathe her, and get her into her PJ's so she can wait til just before bedtime to pick her up from our house.

sbm014's picture

Last weekend BM had a wedding to go to so we said we would take SS with us to the gunshow to get my new rifle...we showed up 30mins later than we said because when we called she said he wasn't dressed - and we get there he had a calic in his hair, it looked like complete play clothes and no shoes so we told SS to go ahead and get in the truck and buckle up while she went in to get his flip flops - she came out with two different sizes and had to go back and I didn't realize until I was walking behind him but he had one TWO different shoes that were TWO different sizes one was almost to small and one fit perfect I was rather embarrassed I made DH stop to get the kid a pair of decent matching fitting flip flops.

sbm014's picture

Her house is disgusting so maybe a little longer but like I said we had already given her extra time.

I was mortified at his hair and the shoes - the clothes were borderline but they at least didn't have holes so they were still something we would have taken him to the park to play in.

missflo's picture

Sounds like bm in our situation. Trashy doesn't begin to cover it.
Ventriloquist dummy Ss17 1/2 chose to pass on a comment by his mum about the dress I had worn to his cousins wedding as being " old fashioned"
Its called class dear... you wouldn't understand.

JacksGal's picture

My ex FIL dropped my daughter off to school once with her shoes on the wrong feet.

We're always getting the skids with dirty and ill-fitting clothes. We hae EOWE and have spent plenty of time and money buying more respectable clothes, only to have them come back a few weeks later stained.

Last year we took them on a weekend vacation and spent the first night at Walmart because nearly everything SD13 brought with her was unfit for public wearing. Stains, holes, badly fitting... it was horrible. BM never makes sure they have enough clothes with them and it's not unusual to find out at the end of the weekend that one of them wore one pair of underwear all weekend long.

Who does this hurt? The kids... why doesn't she realize this?

ocs's picture

Deplorable...

SD shows up in holey smelly shoes, they stay on the porch. Last year in the spring she came to our house with boots in a bag, soles flapping so DH could get hem fixed... Snow on the ground and this kid is wearing ballet flats... dirty smelly ballet flats. It was spring so boots were on clearance EVERYWHERE! Her mother couldn't have dropped $9 at Payless?

Everything also needs to be laundered. They live somewhere where they have to go to a laundromat so SD13 is always faintly a little 'ripe'...

BM however is always in new clothes.. tacky and inappropriate, yes, but new...

LittlePanda's picture

Ugh...story of my life. And my SD8 LOVES the clothes that BM and her grandmother buy her! They are always soooo trashy and cheap. Like short ass skirts and dresses with leopard print and hearts and sparkles all over them..knee high hooker boots..super cheap, prostitute looking items. I have a 1yr old daughter and I will never buy her clothes like that. I think little girls should look cute but like young ladies..not like little hookers. Unfortunately SD would rather wear clothes that BM got her than stuff that we have wasted our money on for her. She lives with us full time and sees BM every other weekend, yet, she is a mini BM. Eww.