You are here

She really can't stand the idea of DH having a single extra minute with the skids ...

SMof2Girls's picture

She's already emailing and saying she's picking skids up early from DH because of the snow. They're due back at drop off at 6pm; at which point the weather will be too bad to drive.

Heaven forbid skids spend a snow day with their dad .. the chance that schools may be closed tomorrow is too much of a risk for her, so instead of delaying drop off by a day, it MUST be pushed up to make sure any extra time is spent with her.

This crap just makes me sick ...

Patsy's picture

My SD's BM came and picked her up when the roads were nothing but ice before for the same reason. Showed up with half of her family because she knew my Dh wasn't going to be happy about it. Then she slid off the road on the way home IDIOT!

SMof2Girls's picture

It just irks me that she always finds it acceptable to cut DH's time short due to bad weather; but heaven forbid HER time gets cut. Why does her time and preference ALWAYS trump his?

It's just BS. He's ignoring her email for now, but that won't last. She'll be texting and calling in no time. And will probably eventually just show up at the house.

He's tempted to reply that he sees no need to cut his time short, and if there is a delay or cancellation in school tomorrow, the skids can stay with him until conditions improve for drop off.

SMof2Girls's picture

I hear ya .. he's usually very good about not giving away time. He almost always requires an exchange of time.

Her shtick is pretty easy to figure out. She requests time from him, he says no, or agrees contingent upon an equal exchange of time (meaning weekend/holiday time for equal weekend/holiday time). She counters with a "reasonable compromise" that usually involves her getting time that she doesn't need to make up. When he denies it, she flies off the handle claiming he's unwilling to meet her in the middle and compromise with reasonable solutions.

Why in the world should he always be compelled to "compromise" on HIS time, when she very clearly is NEVER willing to do the same with her time? DH doesn't even ask for her a switch or extra minute, because he knows it will be a fight and it's just not worth it. It's so much easier to just schedule whatever he needs to do with the skids on his own time.

I'm sure she will be asking for any "snow day" time to made up to her, in the event the skids end up staying with us.

Drac0's picture

Oh boy!!! Donkeykong used to do crap like this! He wouldn't let us have any "extra" (in his mind) time with SS. Things came to a head over "Mother's Day" of all things. Normally, for special occasions, SS would be picked up on the eve of the day. So we wanted to pick up SS on the night before "Mother's Day" and have him stay with us overnight. We were to return him the following evening. According to Donkeykong, that was us "abusing" the visitation schedule. He wrote in his email "the custody judgement states that you get to have him Mother's DAY. Not the night before. So you can have SS Mother's DAY".

:?

Uh...So does this mean we could pick up SS at midnight? Because that would officially be the start of Mother's Day, or does he mean "Day" as in "when the sun is up"? This crap went on for a year before DW and Donkeykong decided to go back to court to get a clarification from the judge.

Judge refused to explain anything and threw them both out of court...

So this constant fighting over dates, times,...and what are the exact hourly parameters of a "Day" went on for years. DW and Donkeykong are still at odds over what is technically considered "Halloween" (Is Halloween a whole day or is it just "Trick-or-treating"?).

Lately, Donkeykong has been rather laid back (which is odd) and is letting SS decide for himself what he wants to do. I guess all those years of fighting finally wore him down?

Orange County Ca's picture

You wrote that as if the weather IS to bad to drive at 6 PM (or I assume predicted to be) in which case he should get rid of them early. But if not it seems he should just show up at the appointed time and after the first text message saying that he will be there on time and no early he ignores all further messages from her.