You are here

Short But Sweet Rant

NewBeginning's picture

I cannot keep it silent..and usually don't.. Wink

But I have to admit the very sound of my SD's voice on the phone is nauseating. She's married, has a baby, and is 19...she calls her father and you hear "Daddddddddyyyyyyyy!!!!!!"

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I try my best to just cringe inside and not say anything but hearing that whiny-ass, nasal-twinged, child-like, and ridiculous tone makes me want to grab my toilet.

I sat here tonight and heard his phone ring..he picked it up and all you could hear was "DA-DEE! DA-DEE! DA-DEE! DA-DEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" for she was extremely loud.

I can honestly say that she grates on my last nerve..the 2 year old routine is overdone and her nomination for an Academy Award for playing a young kid while being an adult is no longer valid. She's overplayed the role and is now coming across as mentally ill. This grown ass woman is a hot mess..lies around most of the day in sweats and pajamas..doesn't work, hangs out with her mother, who is Satan Incarnate...is chatting it up with other men on Facebook and MySpace and hasn't been married a month yet...and keeps thinking that her 'Daddy' is gonna hand over money each time she asks for it.

So freaking childish. And DH just wants to look at her like the small 'child' she used to be. And completely ignores the selfish and childish brat she's become.

I guess for DH it's better to look in the past than to face what he's allowed to become the present and future.

Grow the fuck up...seriously.

Rant over. Sorry. Wink

NewBeginning's picture

Thanks! Smile

I am sooooooo thankful for being able to come here and rant..you have no idea.

I used to wonder if I was awful or just a total bitch to see my SD as the childish idiot that she is.

But nope...she is.

Reason I feel that is my daughter is only 4 months older than her. And if my daughter acted that way, I would remind her that she's an adult. And to please act like it. For one thing, I have never raised my daughter to act like a child to get her way. DH has. And for that, this is the reason he has a woman-child for a daughter these days.

I LOVE my daughter dearly..and listen...her father has treated her like total crap. Has ignored her for over 5 years now. BUT - that will NEVER be an excuse for my grown adult daughter to act like a raving lunatic. And it's not an excuse for me to get out the 'ole family album and look at her baby pictures while reminiscing about how she was at age 3...then permanently create her image in gold and keep her that way forever. My own daughter has put me through some times but I have never once allowed her dad's absence to let her get away with murder, then bury my head in the sand and resort back to her toddler years.

DH is making such excuses...HUGE excuses for her behavior. And it's either the BM's fault or the fact he allowed her to remain in his life for so long.

Again...thanks for the rant time. Smile

LizzieA's picture

Yeah, my SD21 does the "Daddy" thing--but my DH sees it and is disgusted. Especially since on the flip side, she is rude and crude to him and everyone...

Jsmom's picture

Now occasionally I do the "Daddy" thing with my dad. But, we have a normal call once a week relationship and I haven't asked for money since college. My parents are divorced.

But, living in the south, I think it just is what it is. Now it is usually when I say good-bye and it just seems to come out of my mouth. Doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Obviously calling him Daddy is not the issue, complete screwing up her life is and apparently no one is calling her on it. I see this in our future with SD.

NewBeginning's picture

Hi All!!

I think the issue with her using the endearment 'Daddy' is also part of her charm, so to speak...lol!

Meaning..when she wants something - he's 'Daddy' with her sweet 2 year old stare and batted eyelashes.

When she's angry with him or not getting her way for whatever reason, he's just 'Dad'. And the way she says it so hard, it's ridiculous.

I really think she finally sees her dad has moved his life on from her Mommy..and is happy for the first time in ages. He had nothing but drama with her mother and she's not used to it. So she has to create drama.

Sad.