You are here

Should I divorce my husband

Cocopuffs's picture

I've been married to my DH for a year-and-a-half he has a son for from previous relationship. Before we were married she lived in another state and my DH did not see his son since he was a baby right after we married she came to our current state and moved to the same city as us she's never met me but she told my DH right after we married that she was confused that he broke his promise to support her financially she does not work and promised her a car, house, Etc she told him I was not in the best interest of her son I'm a stranger and she does not want her son around me but dropped her son off anyways for DH to watch him. he was here for an hour she called cops accusing him of abduction they showed up found out that she was lying cops told her she can't make false accusations. We didn't hear from her for a few months and thought she was fine. Then my DH told her I was pregnant and she started asking him for money again she started dropping SS off more frequently for weeks and my DH told her he cannot watch him cause hes a truck driver and leaves for weeks on the road. She told him well you have a wife she can watch him I couldn't because I work full time and have no one to pick him up at daycare I work 12-hour shifts so my husband took off work and watched him. She stopped calling and left the child with us for a whole month and told my DH he could keep him. One of her friends called my DH and said she's on drugs cocaine and marijuana she's trying to get pregnant by her new boyfriend and that she had been neglecting her kids (she has another kid by another guy). The friend called CPS. CPS investigated. DH filed for full custody. CPS said she's a fit mom and if she passes all drug tests she can have full custody again. BM disappeared for 4 months after that. SS started having more tantrums and was upset his mom had abandoned him. DH became more stressed became upset he wasn't working and hit me and choked me while I was pregnant. each time he would apologize and say he wouldn't do it again. BM showed up pregnant after a couple of months and demanded to see SS. She said she did not abandon SS but DH took advantage of her in her weak position and friend was lying about the drugs she then said I was ruining her relationship with her son and she didnt want me around him. She passed drug tests and got full custody again. I gave birth and am working full time again. My DH and I are worried she is going to abandon ss again as she is losing interest in him again like she did before. I asked DH what he will do cause he just started working and I'm working. We have almost no money saved due to him not working for the months he watched ss. He refused to change jobs and told me to quit my job so I can watch him. I have student loans and cannot quit my job and have my own child now to support. I told him i cannot watch as cause I'm scared she will do something to hurt me. She has threatened to rob DH house and to send someone to beat him up is the past before. I dont feel safe here alone with him on the road traveling. He got mad and pushed me and threatened to hit me again.
Should I just go ahead and divorce him? I dont not see this situation getting better. It seems like he will always have this issue with his ex gf for the rest of his life and hes not looking for help from therapists or anything. CPS has been called at least 3 times that I know of on his ex and they dont do anything. They say shes fine. I dont trust my DH will stop hitting me. He says he wont but then does everytime I dont do as he says he even threatens me saying he could end my life while he pulls my hair.
I'm sorry this is a long thread.

BethAnne's picture

Yes. 

Aunt Agatha's picture

He's abusive, can't take care of the kid he has with a psycho drug addled woman.  Get out now, and get into counseling to find out why this man even remotely seems like partnership material.

Also, file a freaking police report on the abuse NOW so you can get a restraining order if he pulls any abusive shit again.

Seriously! Why wouldnt you GTF out yesterday is beyond me.

Wanderer's picture

Whoa. If he's hurting you physically you are obligated to get to safety for your sake and the sake of your baby. You must be in a rough state to be asking this online. I hope you're ok. If you're in a larger city perhaps there is a women's crisis center who can help give you clear guidance. 

tog redux's picture

Yes, go - before he seriously hurts or kills you. Don't quit your job, you will be even more isolated and stuck. Go now.

notsurehowtodeal's picture

Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline 1−800−799−7233 and get some help. Quit worrying about his ex and his other kid, start worrying about yourself and your child.You need to leave this man and find a safe place to stay - but you need a plan so you can stay safe. Do you have family that can help you?

Mr Meanie Man's picture

Coming from a guy, LEAVE NOW. If he wants to be in the kids life, let him. But leave mmediately 

ndc's picture

Absolutely you should divorce him.  He's abusive.  Get out before he escalates.  I hope you called the police when he strangled you and pushed you and threatened to hit you.  If you did not and he does it again, call the police.  And whatever you do, DO NOT quit your job to watch his kid.  That's his problem.