You are here

Sick of spoiled bratty Stealing step Monster. Need advice regarding nanny cams

pissedstepmom11's picture

Ok SS is a Miserable little bastard who steals my stuff. Of COURSE daddy dearest does not want to believe this SO I'm going to prove it! This is where I need everyone's help.

1. I ONLY care about my stuff. If DH going to play dumb let SS steal his shit. This being said I only need nanny cams in the living room, my bedroom and dining room. I need nanny cams that can be "hidden" so stepbrat does not know. Anyone know any good ones? Or good ways to hide them so step brat does NOT see them???

2. So where are some good places to set them up so they are hidden and blend in to the surroundings?? My bedroom will be easy it's the living/dinning room that I need some Suggestions. 

This is ALL new Territory so any suggestions for help would be greatly appreciated

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Check out www.brickhousesecurity.com. You may be able to find the same or similar items on Amazon.

Your H refusing to believe you is THE problem. Nanny cams might prove that SS is a thief, but daddy dearest may continue to do nothing. You might even hear the "he's a child of divorce" or some other equally worthless argument.

pissedstepmom11's picture

Since SS is Blatantly lying about the stealing and I honestly feel DH is in full Denial once I Produce proof DH will not be able to disprove anything. Plus as a bonus once SS KNOWS he got caught on tape this will PISS SS off to no end. This being said Hoping this will bring Distrust/Betrayal for SS and weaken SS daddy bond. 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

I expect that it will weaken the husband-wife bond. Do not expect your husband to be happy about this. IMO, he is deliberately in denial and it will anger him that you did this. Good luck.

tog redux's picture

Be prepared for DH to be totally furious that you filmed his Precious Prince. 

SteppedOut's picture

This. "You set him up." And the excuses...there will be a lot and they will be rediculous. 

And then what? You will be even more pissed off and frustrated than you are now. 

I refuse to live in a house that has to have constant surveillance to prove my things are being stolen...not to mention to prove to someone that is supposed to be my life partner that I am not lying. 

OP, you have bigger problems than your stuff being stolen. (I do know how much that sucks.)

Rumplestiltskin's picture

I agree. But, i think it's better to have proof. Either way, she has the problem but when faced with proof, DH will either see the light and make changes or reveal his true feelings and quality as a husband. With no proof, he can just continue to gaslight her. 

nappisan's picture

be prepared to cop an ear full from your DH for trying to catch out his innocent little brat.   Even if you catch him stealing your stuff , i reckon your DH will make every excuse in the book that it was an accident etc.  I wish i had of installed cameras at my house as my SS was going through my room  stealing and vandelising stuff,,, however i didnt get to that point as the SS slammed the door on me one day , that was it ,, i told my partner to take his demon child and leave.  I wish i had been able to actually watch the brat snoop around etc though and at least had the chance to put the footage infront of daddy.   Good luck and keep us posted

Rags's picture

Call your home security company and ask them if they can put cams in your smoke detectors or otherwise install discrete cams in the rooms you want covered.

I am not sure I would bother though. Better to inform your DH that his choice to ignore you, question your integrity, and choose his thief of a prior failed family tragic breeding experiment just ended his relationship with you.

Move on. Find a man of quality and character who understands that  his wife and not any kid is his priority.  Kkds are the top adult/relationship responsibiity, but do not trump the marriage and spouse as priority to both partners.