You are here

SS5 is SuperBaby right now and is driving me nuts.

Auberry2's picture

I don't know what has influenced this, because SS5 was actually doing better recently, but for the last week and a half SS5 has been SuperBaby constantly. He wants to lay on the couch in the mornings like he doesn't have to get dressed, he stands in the bathroom and stares at the mirror like he has never seen a toothbrush before instead of brushing his teeth, and all the whining, and crying and stomping around saying "Uh, uh, uh, uh" in a high pitched baby tone instead of using his words.

We went out to eat last night. It was like we at a dinner theater for SS5 variety show. He didn't want to sit in his seat, he went tearing through the crowded resteraunt cutting off waiters with heavey, hot trays, he demanded everything at the table by grabbing at it and squeaking "Uh, Uh, Uh, Now Now Now" He threw a whining fit and cried because the waitress gave him a yellow crayon and not a blue. He cried for ice cream. And in between all of this he gave me death glares and held onto his daddy like no tomorrow. I really wish the resteraunt hadn't been crowded, because I really wanted to ask the waiter if my son and I could sit at a different table.

He has been acting like this at home too and it is soooo obnoxious.....

hatinthis31's picture

for real what is the dad sayin about it? sounds like jr. needs an adjustment!

Orange County Ca's picture

I would have taken the kid out to the car and sat with him until he promised to control himself. If he never promises well no dinner tonight. Even if the dinner and show were pre-paid. Don't let a kid ruin the other diners night out.

He's regressing for some reason. Is he a permanent resident with you or just visiting? Either way you never mentioned Dad. Are you taking over all parenting of this boy?

His glares tell me he's becoming aware of your status in "his" family and your status is not very high. Is bio-mother coaching him? If this is a weekend kid then there is almost nothing the two of you can do to off-set what the bio-mom is doing or failing to do. You just don't have the time with the kid.

I hope you don't have a father who is worried about the kid visiting and as a result lets the kid do as they please. If so you've got a impossible situation on your hands and your owly chance at sanity is to completely let go of trying to participate in raising the boy. In fact considering his glares I'd consider doing that right now so you don't dig into this mess deeper.

Auberry2's picture

FDH is CP, so this isn't just a visiting situation.

Oh, and dad was there. But, because of situations that have come up due to SS5's in public behavior, I don't deal with SS5 in public. That is FDH's responsiblility unless something that threatens life and limb is about to occur and then I will jump in if I have to. What was FDH doing? Letting his offspring behave like no one loves him enough to teach him whats right.

I will admit, I slipped and told SS5 to sit down a twice, but other than that I just praised my bio-son for behaving and ate my crawfish. If the resteraunt had not been crowded, I am not joking when I say I would have asked for another table. I have done it before and will do it again if I feel it is necessary. The running around happened while FDH was taking SS5 to the bathroom, so I wasn't there to say much about it, I didn't see him until he came dashing up to the table. This is the one thing I will actually say something about and put a stop to because it is dangerous, he could trip a waiter, get himself, the waiter, and other patrons scalded by hot food, so I will step in if I have to, but like I said, I was at the table and just saw the tale end of the running episode.

I don't know what has happened. Everything had been going better, but the last week or so both SS5 and FDH have regressed. La, but it gives me a headache.