You are here

Text flirting?

georgina29's picture

Is it considered flirting to text someone using multiple exclamation marks thank them by saying "Thank you!!!!!!!!:):)" and "Thank you :):):)) using multiple smiley faces. My husbands ex does this if he watches the kids or brings them food. Am I over reacting about her texting mannerisms? Is it just me or is she going overboard/flirting with the exclamaiton marks and smileys?

ndc's picture

That's the way some people text, no matter who to or what about - over the top with exclamation points and emojis and smiley faces.  Without seeing how she texts others it's hard to know if she's flirting.

Rainydaze777's picture

I text like that a bit lol

im nit flirting when I do it.

I get where you're coming from though- anything to do with ex pissed me.

My guy was sending her pics of himself while working out of town to her phone to show his daughter.

I was in a rage lol

Areyou's picture

I do that with skids because I am super animated when I want that person out of my face or when I want them to think I don’t hate them.

BSgoinon's picture

I don't think I would consider this flirting coming from ex in our situation... I would find it annoying because it would seem fake more than anything. I Probably use too many smiley faces and excalmation points in my texts to everyone. I really hope it's not taken as flirting. 

I think I'd find a new hill to die on here. Try to see the humor in it. Who cares what she is sending as long as your man is being respectful of your relationship in his conversations with her then it should be a non issue.