You are here

Thank you Step Talk!

hollyberry's picture

I recently ended a 2 1/2 year on again-off again relationship with a man that had a son. Once I started seeing issues with his child, I Googled "dating a man can't stand child" and found this site. I've never posted, but read a lot and related to so much posted here. Thanks to this site, I read Stepmonster (which this said child told his mother was an evil book because he saw the title). Anyway - after reading posts on this site, and reading the book, it became more than clear to me that there was no way I could marry the man I was dating. I lost respect for the man because of his pathetic parenting skills and quite honestly, had lost the last ounce of any kind of emotion for his child that I ever pretended to have. I finally broke it off once and for all. I am so relieved. Thank you all!

grow-a-nut's picture

Welcome to the "already out" club. I've been separated from husband since December 14th 2012 at 6:30am. I spoke to him early February for 10 minutes then changed my phone number. Twice. It has been the most peaceful (almost) year I have had in 20 years.

Revel in the peace. I don't date nor do I want a man around. A man with kids (especially daughters/mini wife) makes me want to puke. Love yourself and know YOU CAN DO whatever it takes to keep your peace and your sanity. If I can do it anyone can.

Good luck and good riddance to your BF and spawn.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Well done. I wish you every happiness. That takes courage. Things will get better for you now I'm very sure. Smile

hollyberry's picture

Sweet peace indeed. He was the first man I dated seriously since my divorce 3 years ago. I've always gotten along with kids very well. At first the boy seemed to like me but I could tell something wasn't quite right with his behavior and emotions. As time went on the utter BULLSHIT this kid pulled was beyond comprehension to me and my two children. I heard so many excuses for him and lies out of the child's mouth that I began to hate him. The final straw was when I told my exBF that he couldn't bring the child to my home any longer. My BF complied - and even went as far as to drop the child off at BM's unexpectedly and left him there anyway because he "missed me".....First of all, the kid has enough issues from being tossed around all over the place, but it became apparent to me that my ex BF was not concerned with dealing with his son's issues as long as he could be up my ass. I totally lost respect and hope at the point and have not looked back one second since. I am free....free indeed. And I will never date a man with kids again!