You are here

Unified Front? What Unified front?

thelaststraw's picture

So my fiance and I took her kids bowling last night. These kids have problems in general when it comes to screwing with other people's stuff to start with, so off a couple of them went to start bowling in a lane that was still on and had no occupants. I promptly told them no. I stepped away for a beer and I come back to see them on the lane and their mother watching and having a grand old time.

It turned into a spat and lo and behold, FSD and fiance started after me about it saying it's not a big deal. My stance - we weren't paying for it thus not ours. Add this one - if you can't make the right choice when it doesn't matter, how you gonna do it when it does matter. These kids don't make the right choices most of the time and it's important for them to learn it.

Well, fiance started arguing against me right in front of the kids - after many times in te past of "I could use some support here..." when she is counseling them.

New Year's Eve was rung in with the cold shoulder on both parts.

Happy frickin' New Year...

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

I'm confused just a little. So you, your fiance' and his ex-wife and "whose" kids were all there?

If it was the BM do you guys always hang out?

thelaststraw's picture

Update - my fiance and I hashed this out on New Year's Day. I explained to her my position and it took a bit, but she understood. The funny thing is - it didn't take long for her kids to to start acting like their over-indulged selves.

Foxie - I was right there with you until this conversation happened.

ilovearizona - I'm agreeing with you right now.

ddakan's picture

Welcome to how your new life with them is going to be.....a frikin struggle to the death.

You think this is bad? Give it a year before you say "I do." That should give you ample indication if it's going to get better or worse.

Why sign up for the hell we all have? WHY??