You are here

That wasn't as fun as I thought it would be!

Redsonya's picture

So I started calling all of ex-DH's creditors today. I started with the $40,000 collections account for the second mortgage on the house that ex-DH and BM owned. BM pulled a fast one and had ex-DH sign the deed over to her (I insisted on a court agreement to get it back when SS15 turns 18) so she could modify the loan. What she lied about was that the second mortgage would be due in full at that time. She had the bill sent to DH at my house. Looks like she gets to pay that by herself now! She's made three $200 payments so far. There are alot more to go! And its got to be destroying her credit so she'll be stuck in that dump forever.

Then I started calling the collection agencies for their credit card debt. There are at least three and the one that I had in front of me was for $6900. I told them ex-DH had died and that we live in CA and it was BM's debt as well. Then I gave them her cell number, but its like they weren't interested? I am thinking with all the wierd laws about debt collection, they can't ask about her. If I mailed them all her info and the court orders where she acknowledges that its community debt, would that help do you think?