You are here

WAY O/T Finances

Stepmom09's picture

Just because I have seen a ton of post and blogs about financial stuff lately How does everyone split up bills with SO?

DH and I share a bank account. Both of our incomes go into it and all of the bills come out of it. Generally DH income pays the bills mainly because of when it comes in and when the bills come out. Then what I make pays for food, gas and extras. We have a few small bills that come in later and my income pays those.

hereiam's picture

Every one needs to do what works for them.

For us, it works to keep all accounts separate and since all utilities were already in my name and came out of my checking account, DH just puts a certain amount in my account every month for his share of the bills and his credit card portion. I am better at finances than he is, anyway, so this works for us.

Not to say we have never fought about money, his ex had him pretty screwed up mentally about money and I have always been pretty guarded about my finances, so we have had some disagreements.

classyNJ's picture

Same here except I have a savings account that I put any commission I get into that. That is my "nest" and DH has no access to it.

Stepmom09's picture

I have an account like that too. I'll put money in there that is left over at the end of the month. The other good thing about it is DH doesn't have to put it down when he has to do sworn statement for CS.

Stormyweather's picture

I'm curious then Mustang, what made you go down this path? It sounds like you distrust your DH?