You are here

what do u think?

guiltystepmom's picture

BM sent my hubby a nice long notice (last august 2011) with copies of bills from 2010-2011-2012 including outings with school, summer pass for amusement park, clothes for school, after school activities and sports etc...the amount was 2500$ but hubby didnt answer, just ignored it...then two weeks before xmas, he gets a notice but this time from a lawyer (that she used to work for) through regular mail. the amount went up to 3000$...she gave him 5 days to pay it off or else she would bring him to court.
he pays his child support for SD16 that they take from his paycheck every week.
he used to be able to pay for her extra activities until i got into a serious accident and im not working since then, we have two minor children together. and shes very aware of the situation.
we live very modestly. nice little home, two 9 yr old cars...no iphones, ipads, regular clothes, u get the drift.
meanwhile SM has a new home built and purchased in 2010. went twice to cuba only last year and has a brand new grande caravan 2012. her new boyfriend is an account.
SD16's nails are done every 3 weeks, nice johua peretz clothes, iphone, christian dior makeup...etc...
Hubby sent her a back a letter (from his lawyer) saying that he refuses to pay for her demands with his reasons mentionned.
She hasnt answered back, its been almost 8 months since the last letter.
U think she gave up or shes up to something? I think she was just trying to scare him, no?
thank u all!!!!! xxxx

guiltystepmom's picture

In the judgment only child support is mentionned nothing else...
he paid for extras until 2009.
and BM would pull nasty fits cause it was by check instead of cash...
BM would say that she wasnt an ATM machine, that she wanted CASH ONLY...
meanwhile hes the one that was dishing the money...i never got her reasoning! thank u!

guiltystepmom's picture

IS IT JUST me!!! it does create some awkwardness between dad and SD cause her mom tells her that the dad doesnt care about her cause hes not paying for all that crap!!!!

Seriously, am i the only one who thiks it is unfair to decide everything ( change of schools, sports, outings etc...) and
then impose on the other parent half of the costs???

mizcece's picture

I am fortunate BM really asks for extras outside of CS. She only asks my hubby to split on some school activities and items. My hubby has CS and stuff like that set in stone in the divorce paperwork.