You are here

But why?

young_stepmomma25's picture

I'm away at my sister's house for a mini vacation away from home, well skids & I'm in relax mode. My hubby is at work & he told me I could send his kids to his sister's so I could go to mine. So in the middle of the night, he asks me to check up on them & I told him I would not call his sister's phone at night (or anytime really) & told him to call her himself. Boy did he throw a tantrum! Then he goes "wow you can't check on them to make sure they're ok?" Make sure they're ok? First of all, his kids don't show any respect towards me & secondly, why he couldn't do it? Why did he make me sound like I'm a bad person? Anyways, the next day, he asks me when I'm leaving & I tell him soon. He then tells me to call his sister to let her know when I'm leaving so the kids can come home. Okay not hard to do. I then get a call from him son (SS13) asking if I we're home yet& I told him kindly, I wasn't then he gets an attitude & hangs up on me when he didn't get the answer he wanted. Am I wrong for wanting to stay out & not wanting to come home?

young_stepmomma25's picture

There's this thing called venting. I did learn one thing; the disengagement part. Again I go to this site to vent. Anonymously. Disengaging is still hard for me to do. Correct me if I'm wrong but being in a situation like mine for a reasonably long time until they get the courage to leave seems to be the norm around here.

twopines's picture

I must have missed something as well, because apparently his sister is incapable of calling him if something happens to his Precious.

Or something.

Disneyfan's picture

I was with you until you said call the kids to come home. Nope, they would stay right where they are until dad got home. If SIL tried to get slick and drop them off, I would leave again.

jumanji's picture

"When he asked you to check up on his kids, instead of saying NO you should've said:"

I would have said, "Oh, hold on - I didn't realize you don't have your sister's number - let me get it for you."