You are here

Why can''t I like him even just a little??

hismineandours's picture

the level of disike I have for my 12 year old ss just amazes me-it makes me feel like a nasty horrible person. I even like his bm better than him! The only good thing I can say is that i've onnly spent about 24 hrs in the last month with him. How can i dislike someone so much in that little of time? he peed all over eveything again this w/e-no matter that he has things to keep his bed dry and such he didnt bother to use them-and then the stink gets in my carpet and his futon and wont come out. He got pissy at me for saying something about it to him because my dd had a friend in the house-I said well if you were concerned about her finding out then I guess you shouldnt have peed all over everything because there is no mistaking the smell from your room. Dh did got onto him about it-but I don't think it will change. He came up here wearing some sort of wrist brace (that he got out of practicing band for for the last two days of the week) so i am thinking he went to the dr. or something because he hurt his wrist-um-no he just fell off his bike and bm had the wrist bracelaying around and gave it to him. He took it off when he got here-threw it in our yard and proceeded to sumo wrestle with people. He left it out there overnight and then the next day my dd brought it in and he put it on for lunch with my parents (yeah them they didnt even say anything about it)then we took them to our local amusement park. Well at some point he took it off so he could ride a ride (not sure how it would prevent him from doing that in anyway, but ok) well he came out of the park without it and started having a meltdown because "it's not mine, it's bm's, I have to have it"-he started kicking the backseat and crying and whining. Dh told him to take some responsibility (yeah, dh) that it was his fault for taking it off and leaving it somewhere-he denied this and said it was the amusement park's fault. yeah, ok, whatever. But just ick-he acted like about a 5 year old for the next hour until bm picked him up. I sure hope he decides to pass on his next visit

fugfrog's picture

Oh do I feel your pain. My ss is 9 and he acts like he is 5 all the time. He is actually worse at BM's house where he lives, so I don't feel that I can complain too much. She actually can't take him to the shops with her anymore because if he doesn't get something he lies on the floor like a baby and screams at the top of his lungs that he hates her. Of course she gets so embarressed she gives in and thus why he continues to do it. But yuck!!
I feel for you because I have also felt this level of dislike, I worry constantly that my ss is going to seriously injure my bk's in their sleep. I get sick before he comes over until I see what mood he is in.
This site has actually helped me so much and I've only been on here for a week or so. Just letting it all out without being judged as a terrible person for not liking a kid that isn't mine is so reliving for me!!
I hope he skips the next one for you too lol!!

CustodialSM's picture

OMG I can't believe he behaves like that at 12! :jawdrop: I have a SS 6yo, I so hope they all aren't like that.

Feeling your pain, good luck!