You are here

Having All Kinds Of Issues With BM and Custody

laballard's picture
Forums: 

So to start off, my husband and his ex have a son together who is almost five years old now. BM has majority custody but the schedule works basically like joint custody. My step son is living with us half the time, if not more. We usually have him most days throughout the week and every other weekend. The court order says that my husband gets his son at least two days during the week and every other weekend, so things are pretty good... at least up until yesterday.

Yesterday BM called early in the morning about 10 times over and over leaving hateful voicemails and text messages asking us when we were bringing her son over to her house. We had told her two days before that we were going to bring him to her house once we had gotten our mail because we were expecting a check, so about 1 or 1:30 in the afternoon. She was literally flipping out acting like we had to have him over there that second. Anyway, we get there and we both hug my step son and say good bye and that we'll see him at his karate on Friday. My husband then goes into the house with his son and comes out with BM who has a paper in her hand. First off, I got pretty pissed because she was yelling at my husband and kept waving me over to her rudely. She finally came over to the car where I was sitting asking me if I remembered when I told her that my husband finding out on Facebook that her husband got a tattoo with their son's name was disrespectful and rude. I told her yes and then she came off saying that I was being rude and disrespectful and showed me something printed off of my facebook.

Now, to understand what was on the print off, you'll need to know that I've previously had three miscarriages and infertility issues. Anyway, it was something that someone said on my Facebook wall on Mother's day saying that I'm going to be a wonderful mother someday whenever my husband and I are able to have a baby. And after that, the same person left a comment saying that BM was a pathetic excuse for a mother and that I'm a much better mother to my step son than she is. I told the person thank you because I thought what he said was nice, ignoring what he said about BM. But BM was flying off the handle at me calling me disrespectful and rude and telling my husband that he wasn't going to see his child until he and I got new friends and that she wasn't going to put up with people talking about her. She also said that she didn't want her child around someone like that and this guy has honestly never even been around my step son and probably never will be. She also punched my husband in the face, causing him to bleed. She's still denying visitation, but we're still going to see him at his karate practice on Friday.

She says that she has the right to choose who her child is around, even at our house and she is wrong. She doesn't get to tell us who we can be friends with. Her husband is an ex pot head and smokes cigarettes around the children, my step son has severe allergies and asthma and I've seen this guy multiple times blow smoke in his face. I've also got a few things saved off of her facebook. Pictures of her and her husband drinking, having parties with the children there, statuses where she bad mouthed my husband and I, etc. I also think she's planning on moving without telling us. It would be about 15-20 miles, but can she just move without informing my husband? How is he supposed to get his child when he doesn't even know where he is?

I just don't know what to do. My husband is so sad because he's afraid he won't be able to see his son anytime soon. She's done so many wrong things: sending my step son to school with clothes that had dog urine on them, forgetting to pick him up at school and leaving him there for an hour by himself, having a party with people smoking cigarettes and one of the people ended up dropping a cigarette on him burning his ear/shoulder/chest, leaving him out in the car in over 100 degree weather multiple times especially when she gets her hair done. :jawdrop:

This just really pisses me off as you can imagine. She acts like just because she has majority custody, she gets to call all of the shots. She thinks she can tell us who we can be around, but she constantly leaves her children with people who my husband doesn't even know and that makes him uncomfortable. I think she's just being a baby about what was on my facebook. She says that I need to control what people say about her, uh... sorry no I don't.

But we plan on filing a motion to modify custody very soon and if she continues to deny visitation, contempt of court. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful. Thanks.

laballard's picture

We went to the police station with his face bleeding and had a cop go to her house. She started bawling and made up a story that he was trying to come into her house so she said that if he was going to do something about her punching him, she was going to do something about him "coming into her home".

Cops and judges believe everything this woman says. She sheds a few tears and she's automatically the victim.