You are here

Sex and texting, etc.

hsurp1's picture

My Step-son (my label is Step-Mom, per the Mom, Dad, and their son - whom I've known since he was 8 and will be 16 in a week). I agree with the label. HOWEVER, I got an e-mail from the gf's mother that my step-son is no longer allowed to see her anymore. On a hunch, the gf's Mom asked to see her daughter's cell phone (which I agree with) and saw texts that, in her words, sickened her. The gf's mother said that my step-son texted very EXPLICIT sexually charged messages to her daughter. I was also advised that her daughter is not innocent in this either. All the adults agreed that they will no longer see each other. It disappoints me though because I thought my step-son's gf was good for him. AND she was. But he was almost 2 years older than her and her 1st bf so we all think it was too much, too fast. My SS has had an attitude for a while now since he has been staying with friends over the summer, as long as he kept in touch with Mom and Dad, or me (if they are not around). He now thinks that by him telling us, "yeah, I know, I learned my lesson", it is ok for him to go on with his summer. His Mom & I feel he should be grounded (it ultimately did not happen - UGH!). I feel my SS has had WAY too much freedom and it is time to reel him in, especially after this incident. I told him we were very sorry about the breakup because we liked his gf and knew how he felt. But...... what my SS doesn't know is that I got my old computer (1 1/2 yrs old - brand new now with new motherboard and keyboard with all my old stuff back) back. I told him I would give him the one I purchased in place of my old one (when I thought it couldn't be fixed). I never said the words, "I promise", so therefore, I feel I can change my mind. I can't validate giving a $1,000 laptop to anyone that has bad language - constantly on FB - and who is disrespectful to the adults who brought him up and paid for big money items.) He says he never said he didn't appreciate what he got. I wish he would just say he did. He doesn't even tell his Dad "Happy Father's Day" but tells his Mother "Happy Mother's Day" (she is more strict but also has a drinking problem). I don't get a thank you for the things I spend my money on (his Mom & Dad don't have jobs). Me & his Mom's bf pays for him, plus the state for health but I pay for the child support because my bf is an at-home "husband" (in lieu of bf - same thing). I am on Social Security Disability and I have big bills and losing my job in a month. I think I deserve some respect. What should I do about the laptop? I want to trust my SS but want to give it time but, on the other hand, I can't validate a $1,000 present but he needs it for school for the next 2 years more than ever and he will be at his Mom's, with no computer. HELP!

Disneyfan's picture

Keep the computer and stop paying CS.

Dad has a kid to support. In 2 years when CS ends, he can go back to being a house husband.