You are here

Counselling

lizdel's picture

Hi everyone, thanks for your advice it is really appreciated...and makes so much sense...
I had my counselling session yesterday, I go as my DH is wayyyy too busy...I think he doesnt want to hear the truth about his feral ADULT KIDS!!!!
Anyway, counsellor and I talked over issues, not just SKIDS and DH! Anyway, I asked my counsellor a question and he said "that should be your DH answering that".. I did in a very subtle way.. Nothing heavy or accusing.... I asked him how can we handle the problem with his daughter.... I said to him, I want to handle any problems I have with her in a positive manner...No bagging her, nothing left my mouth about her, though I could use many adjectived to describe her.
DH went into the silent mode, with the accusing look.....Later he exploded and then ignored me all night....
I do not know what to make of it...I feel my time with the counsellor is positive, yet DH has other feelings about it..
Lately DH is very demanding regarding any topic we talk about... He says I do not want you to discuss immigration issues, I do not want you to discuss issues with teens in society..Now when he brings up a subject and I contribute to the conversation, he will say "thats enough".... I feel as though I cant say a thing even in chit chat...
I feel like shaking the hell out of him ....
Anyone have any ideas..
Thanks

bewitched's picture

"To Thine Own Self Be True" William Shakesphere

You feel like shaking the hell out of him? Go for it.

Actually, you probably can't. My guess is he's bigger than you, and it's be considered physical assualt anyway.

Do it right back at him. First of all, you do not need his permission to speak on any subject you choose. Second of all, where did he get the very mistaken idea that he is in total control of what you say?

Just let him get started on a subject. Look him square in the eyes and say "that's enough". Turn your back on him and walk out of the room.

Grrrr.

Sasha's picture

I had to go back and read your posts. I have just one word for you:

ANNULMENT!