You are here

DH's eldest daughter being entitled and inconsiderate once again

Disillusioned's picture

DH and I are planning to go out to visit with YSD. We've made these plans known for a while now and it's safe to say everyone from YSD of course to DHs' eldest to BM know when we plan to visit YSD

So weekend before last we're talking with YSD and she says that DH's eldest daughter tells her that SSIL has a work trip for that month (same month our visit is planned for) and that they plan to come out to visit with her then

DH asks YSD if she know when during the month as this is when we were planning to go

YSD says no, DH's eldest didn't tell her that

DH asks YSD if she can please find out because he knows she will want to take time off work for both visits, and doesn't want her stressed because she can only take so much time off

YSD brushes if off and just tells DH to book our trip don't worry about it :?

DH says to me after the call that he doesn't think his eldest daughter is doing this with malice, that this is as simple as YSD says.

I disagree.

So much doesn't add up to me. H's eldest daughter doesn't know the dates :? okay so maybe she doesn't but you would think she would have the courtesy to at least call DH and say hey dad I know you and Disillusioned are going out to visit YSD and SSIL and I have an opportunity to go that same month, what dates are you guys going etc... etc...

That of course would be asking too much

So, if DH and I go ahead and book our days that month to see YSD and then DH's eldest and her family go out a week or two before us for example, that screws up our trip/YSD as she can only take so much time off work

Of course there is the possibility DH's eldest and her family will be going at the exact same time as us. And in a way it's again unfair to DH as he won't get to have that time with YSD as planned, it will be one big family event along with DH's eldest using SGS to steal the show

I didn't get into it with DH as personally I could care less about his eldest being there if DH and YSD aren't concerned Smile of course I prefer not to have to put up with DH's eldest daughter but I'm not changing how I treat YSD (like the appreciated SD she is to me) just because her elder nasty sister is there

If DH sits back and allows his eldest to do whatever she pleases once again and ruins his visit with YSD, well, that is DH's problem to deal with sadly.

You would think one of these days DH would stand up for himself and say something, who knows, if this ruins his much anticipated trip out to YSD hopefully it will at least make him think

Orange County Ca's picture

You're right to stay out of it especially since the older girls reasons are not yet known. You're also thinking clearly in letting your husband reap the sour grapes he may eat by not coordinating things with all of them.

I probably don't have to tell an experienced step-parent like yourself that its often impossible to lead a bio-father to the truth when it comes to his princesses.

whatamess's picture

You and I need to sit and have coffee sometime because our situations are so eerily the same Blum 3 I just posted on your other thread as well. This sounds like something my SD would do regarding my YSS. He's returning to the states soon from serving overseas and I'm so dreading trying to visit him without her horning in on it. Whenever she's around, it becomes all about her, not to mention the fact that she's not speaking to me so that would make for a lovely visit for everyone! I'm interested to see how this turns out for you and what she's going to pull.

Disillusioned's picture

Wow, your SD does sound like min whatamess

What is up with her trying to horn in on your visit with you YSS?

I don't get why they pull this crap!

We're not going out until late spring but will let you know Biggrin