Happy!

harmony98's picture

No contact with SD = a much happier life.  

I knew i was unhappy.  But didnt realise how much all the drama affected me.

No contact best decision ever made Smile

Sad for hubby, but he has had my back.  Saw what a bleep she was.  

Things can change.

CajunMom's picture

since I've seen four of DH's 5 kids and 10 years for the other. Recently, I decided to "try" for a reunification, using info from years of counseling and boundary info I learned. DH chose to do it his way. First visit with son/wife was awkward. No changed behavior but they were respectful of me and my space. Think civil and superficial. The second visit...with the two daughters, one mini-wife and one with mental issues....was a disaster. No one comes into my home/yard and starts antagonizing me....they were told to leave. 

So...I am back to complete seperation and because of how DH handled things...I am done. I will not put myself in that position again. It took several years for me to heal from the damage I let them inflict on me for 12 years.....not going back to that. That encounter gave me a tiny setback but I will prevail and DHs kids can stay away from our home. Let me clarify ages of said "girls." 30 and 39. SMH

harmony98's picture

It is so very sad, we have so much love to offer these children, sorry Adult families now. That they cant get over their issues.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

I didn't understand the degree to which I was affected by my step situation until I was on the other side and started to recover. Physically, emotionally, spiritually - I'd been worn down by Other People's Problems. I was nervous and jumpy, perpetually on high alert. It took a long time to calm down and feel safe again after I cut contact with DH's people, and longer still to rebuild my self esteem.

Another sad result was how little I expected from people - I remember offering to be the driver on a trip with some new friends. They asked how much they owed for gas! Whipped out their phones to calculate it, and put cash in the glove box! And when we stopped for lunch, they paid their share! When I talked about it with my therapist, she said pointed out they just wanted my company, not my wallet, and that's what healthy relationships look like.

I am SO much stronger and healthier now.

harmony98's picture

I am enjoying MY life now i have stopped trying to be part of theirs through a false sense of family.  They are not my family. Was just hard to learn that. wish i hadnt taken so long. 

TheBlindside's picture

This is exactly how i feel - I had a similar situation - 10 years of BS from SD, toxic MIL, HCBM - coming on 2 years of disengagment and i feel great but not 100% back to myself. More recently there has been more 'activity' from SD24 and i have reacted so much to it because ive got used to living without abuse and it's such a shock to my system. A few years ago, I would have just rolled with it because i became used to it all.

I read a great quote that said "Our anger is that part of us that recognises that we have been wronged".

BobbyDazzler's picture

Crazy but sometimes we don't fully understand how toxic people are until we cut them out of our lives.