You are here

I'm fearful and leary

Jeans222's picture

After several years of husbands daughter and her verbal abbusive and unrealisitc expectations, she now has agreed to be civil and polite and have a relationship with my husband and I.

This came about 1 weeks after she turned 19 and was dropped from his health insurance, after she turned 19.

Suddenly, she did an about face from a loud, rude, demanding and very immature girl to "wanting to have a relationship".

I am terrified as she has caused us so much grief, I'm at the point I have trouble looking at her but my husband wants me to be with him as he says she must learn to accept me and be polite and fair to me.

After the meeting, which I believe she was high ...
he was gung ho about plans and having her over... as I said I'm terrified and do not trust her even slightly.
She lives with her mother, who lets her do basically anything she wants and she has a lifestyle of not many rules... she comes and goes as she pleases, etc...
She has given my husband and I pure hell for the last 4 years.

How do I deal with my feelings?
I can't bear to even look at her.

startingover2010's picture

then dont look at her. if your husband cant see how this child has hurt you and broken your spirit, then he must not care enough about you.

Jeans222's picture

This is true...

he is asking me to try. I am having a hard time because to be myself I am angry, fearful and worried what she may do... so I cannot be myself.
I also am worried as she has a hair trigger temper and has a history of verbal abuse and very unrealisitc expectations.

I don't know how to be around her without my own attitude... and trust me I have one.

My husbands attitude is that she is his daughter and he wants her in his life and to be respectful of me, so he asks I give her a chance. I do not know if I can do this.