You are here

Midlife Crisis

Hanny's picture

Has anyone had any experience with their SO, DH, DW going through a midlife crisis?

Grandma C's picture

I went through a Midlife crisis when I turned 40. I was in a "Going no place fast" marriage. I was unfullfilled with my life for a few reasons, mostly things I had no control over that were I felt at the time, hindering my life. So, I had an affair......I moved to Chicago, I enrolled in Tech School, after a year I divorced my then DH, we had no children, I left him everything. It was his house before the marriage, I didn't make claim to his bank accounts, retirement fund etc, so we had an "Non-dramatic hateful divorce" we used one attorney I paid for it. I took my horses and dog, horse trailer, he wanted the truck so I had to find my own means to carry on my horsing around.

He forgave me for the affair, we stayed friends as much as we were able to because of mutual friends but my move to Chicago made that part obtainable.

I don't advocate an affair but a mid life crisis is a signal I believe that something isn't going so good in some part of the life or possibly relationship be it the person them selfe or out side sources, perhaps a job is making them unhappy...it's hard to say why but Unhappiness is I feel at the root of this "Crisis in Mid-life"