You are here

Mocking having step sibs

Newimprvmodel's picture

So tonight DH's daughter calls. The one who calls him all the time yet never wants to visit. DH can't help Himself and tells her all the business on everyone. My daughter is visiting her step brother from my ex. And yes she has a great relationship with them unlike my DH's daughters that have with my own kids. After 15 yrs. lol. 
So to my utter surprise DH daughter comments and says "wow do you know I myself have 4 stepbrothers and a stepsister? "Which includes my kids?   DH says nothing as does she and I just wonder what the eff goes on

It's like a schizophrenic experience. She calls all the time. Yet never visits and keeps her distance. Weird as hell. Life is too short for this s@&).  Sorry. 

shamds's picture

When they can rub it to their mums family that they're related to caucasian people so they appear more refined and upper class. Their bio mum has always tried to stick it to her family and others how much better she is when she is below average.

literally the first time they met us all at a cafe for lunch, the next visit they bragged how they had shown pics of our kids to their cousins (the same cousins and family whom they claimed were doing blsck magic against their mum whom sd's claimed they had no contact with) 

i lost it with my husband and said there was no way i was allowing sd's actively take pics of our kids who were toddlers then and hubby send pics of our kids to biomums nutjob of a family. Hubby claimed his daughters didn't have bad intentions with our kids when warning signs were there. Then the eldest called hubby guilting him for marrying me and hubby realised he couldn't lie any more in denial

otherwise there are guilt calls to hubby how dare he marry and have 2 kids with me which was to replace them. Reality is they chose to end contact for 5.5 yrs and expected daddy put his life on hold. When he refused to they sulked

Newimprvmodel's picture

Yup. Same thing on my end. I recall first year going to DH's home supposedly to celebrate New Years Eve with our kids who were young we were dating. I had brought lots of kid friendly appetizers and his daughters refused to come over. And yes DH had a pathological sick ex wife alienating his kids. However he never said anything to them about anything negative and they ruled the roost. 
I think his daughter last night was joking how she has so many steps and it is in name only. By her own choice!!What really bugs me these days is he tells her everything about everyone yet she has no engagement with us by her own choice. 
My own father passed a few months ago. She knew him for 15 yrs.  He was buried on a holiday weekend. SHE was here the day before the burial and left! She had off the next day and easily could have stayed. She never even asked whether I would like her there. My daughter said to me I really would not have wanted her there.  True. 
I should have said something last night. Like it's so nice to my daughters relationship with HER steps. It adds to your life. 

shamds's picture

She would stay, she would comfort you and just try to make that bad day better or more pleasant.

the reality with alot of these precious self-centred skids is, unless there is something monetary they are getting out of it, you aren't worth them wasting their time, energy or effort. Any contact or relationship is on transactional terms (monetary benefit to skids).

my eldest sd claimed daddy had no relationship with her completely ignoring the fact she made so many pathetic excuses of "i'm busy" or told her brother "stepdad won't let us come" etc. eventually you give up wanting to arrange meets especially when like clockwork sd's change the time or pickup location etc and we had 2 toddlers then yet we were expected to inconvenience ourselves and cowtow to them. I refused to participate any longer

when i was overseas for 4 months finishing university and had our 2 toddlers with me whikst hubby was working o/seas, hubby had arranged a weekend getaway to see his dad during a long weekenf and sd's confirmed they would go. Now on every past occasion, it was always last minute cancellations when they couldn't order us to do xyz. 

well eldest sd messaged her brother 2-3 days before saying stepdad banned them from going to see their dad (over lies batshit crazy cheating hoe of a biomum made), well hubby sulks to me on the phone if he had known this would happen, he would have booked a ticket to visit us that long weekend. Because a month ago tickets would be cheap, 3-4 days before there are minimal seats left and inflated prices. Hubby tells me how disappointed he is in them and i had no sympathy for him then.

i told him the fact he didn't see this coming despite every previous situation of them doing the same spoke volumes.

The fact he was well aware based on history that them cancelling last minute but chose to believe them spoke volumes. 

that he had a wife and 2 young kids o/seas who missed him very much and he chose to prioritise a visit with skids who made no effort to maintain a relationship with him and he prioritised them, spoke volumes.

after that day in late 2019, hubby refused to arrange meets anymore. He planned his yr in advance to visit back and forth as he works overseas so every few months one of us is flying back and forth. All his holidays are saved for us, not skids.

sd's now resort to some non-emergency emergency that they message daddy for whilst he is overseas with us and its just a test for him to prove they are more important and his superior 1st family.

sad thing is sd's know they are just basic simple people that can't compete with others, they lack self esteem and always had to overshadow and attempt to copy me, my look, my style etc and be so over the top. They're not confident in their own selves. I don't give them the satisfaction of acknowledging their behaviour and ignore it

Newimprvmodel's picture

Which is why she needs to contact her father several times a day many days and yet she never really is there for him. He exists for her needs which is fine when you are a young child. But as an adult?  She doesn't give to him.  he doesn't see the difference. 

Winterglow's picture

"wow do you know I myself have 4 stepbrothers and a stepsister? "

Nah, who'da thunk it?

Not the brightest crayon in the box, is she?