You are here

My marriage is over congrats SD

Canttellyoumtlastname's picture

marriage is over. Yes I will go through the obligatory therapy but I think we all know this situation is not fixable. Raised SD since 7 years old, now she presents him with a choice me or her. I'm ready to say goodbye to this toxicity. Congrats, you won. Enjoy a broken father.

zerostepdrama's picture

Actually you won. You are the one who gets to move on from the toxicity and be happy and find yourself and maybe someone else later who appreciates you and what you bring to a relationship.

(((HUGS)))

lovenlife777's picture

I give you lots of sympathy. I have raised my SD 21 since 7 and my marriage is basically over because of enmeshment issues that she is having with my not so dear wife.

SugarSpice's picture

I-m so happy agree with this. you are the winner here. let sick sd and her father have a nice little incestious relationship with her as mini wife. she will never be able to have a normal relationship with a man her own age because shes too hung up on daddy.

you are well out of this sick triangle.

move on and dont look back. somewhere down the road you will hear of the wreckage this child caused. the karma train will run over them both.

sandye21's picture

Sorry to hear this but a marriage is about two people, and that does not mean SD and DH. If your DH can not respect this. he is not worth staying with.

Acratopotes's picture

I'm sorry but if a child causes your marriage to fail.... then it was not a real marriage,
ow child has the power to make this happen..... you and your |DH allowed it, thus do not blame the SD for it..

She might have told her father it's me or your wife, if your husband truly loved you he would've said to SD: In that case my girl enjoy your life without me and my bank account.... your husband did not say this, thus blame him for your broken marriage..

and good riddance then,

Howie's picture

Sympathy and commiserations I am in similar position with my wife and stepson and it's so difficult it's untrue! Wish you good luck and success!

Disillusioned's picture

Why is your marriage over? What does your DH say? What exactly triggered this with your SD?

CANYOUHELP's picture

You are the clear winner here; you had a husband who was married to his daughter; he just taught you with his decision. Time to move one, do not look back and find somebody worthy of YOU. It is not easy at first, but you will be much happier in no time at all, as soon as you decide to move in a new direction, just for YOU.