You are here

SD mini wife????

Cutiepie's picture

My DH shares a text with me that he received from his daughter. He tells me to read it and share my thoughts. I read it and told him that she must have meant to send it to her exboyfriend or something. My DH agreed. The text was about how she loved him so much. She missed spending time with him, cooking breakfast, and making dinner for him. How when he would come to visit he would fall asleep on the couch and how it hurts so much when he came to visit because then he would have to leave. It goes on to say she remembers when they would go to movies, but now she has to focus on herself and her daughter because it hurts to much to think about him being so far away. The she put a playlist on the end of the text for him to listen to on the way to work, if he wanted to.

SOooo, DH texts her and ask, was the text meant for him. SD said yes. DH did not know how to respond. 

What is this about??????

shamds's picture

Don’t get me wrong, i miss my dad as he is my only family left besides my husband but I’m not crying or anything when i flyback to my husband’s country.

but anytime i am flying back tomy birth country without hubby i am teary eyed because i know we won’t see one another for a month at least and same as when hubby flies back to his country i also feel the same but our relationship and love is intimate and sexual, the one with your parents is biological and respectful kind of love if they helped shape you and helped guide you through life and the relationship with your kids is in a loving nurturing kind of way. 

No wonder your partner is grossed out

Bex_S's picture

Wow. That's weird. It doesn't sound like a daughter talking to her father...it sounds like an ex girlfriend trying to win him back. Puke. No wonder your DH didn't know how to respond, her message was practically incestuous. Some boundaries need to be set there, fast.

tog redux's picture

At least your DH finds it weird - many men on this board would be thrilled to death, and texting back "Love you too baby girl, miss your warm sweet hugs and kisses and laying with you on the couch  xoxoxoxoxo"

So at least you have a guy who doesn't want her to be a mini-wife if she's trying to be one.  Or is he just faking it in front of you and secretly likes this behavior?

My father would have gotten me a psychiatric consult if I'd ever texted him anything like that. 

hereiam's picture

Ew.

NYCEastside's picture

But in a very weird way. At least he finds it weird as well and doesn't know what to say. She needs help and hopefully your husband doesn't get sucked in to this craziness.

Merry's picture

Gross.

I think I'd just respomd, "oh, I thought it was meant for your BF and you sent it to me by mistake."