You are here

She's Still At it

chickadee1444's picture

So SD's grandmother is in the hospital,Hubby stil calls her his mother in law, which is ok with me, she's a nice lady.His daughter was supposed to pick daddy up Monday, but then changed her mind, so she says Wed and will call.He ask me if I'd like to go.I said "no" I was not invited.Company was visiting and she comes in the front door and asks her father if he's ready.He says" I thought you were going to call?"She said "no, I told you I was picking you up" I said "Lissy ( not her daughter real name was here today and said you and her were going to visit Grandma tonight. She gives me a nasty look and says "no"... company started to put thier coats on to leave.SD says , you don't have to leave "she's not going" ( meaning me).So off they go..Company called after they got home.Male friend says " you need to stick up for yourself, I don't like that woman" She takes over.He was actually here hooking up my printer to hubby's computer,but couldn't get it to work.She grabs a chair and sits herself down in front of computer while waiting for daddy and starts playing around and trying to get printer to work.This friend who is 84 years old is a very smart man and knows a lot about computers and SD makes him feel terrible.He was trying to downlaod new drivers for said printer and she takes right over like she is some kind of computer wiz.She enjoys intimadating people, including her husband and 3 kids and thinks she can come into our house and do the same. She says"I bought dad aprinter with a fax machine and everything, where is it? "Daddy put it away, it is too big and he said" I don't know why she would get me one like that" He knows nothing about computers, only uses it to get his email.So what do I do..please help...I want to tell her to mind her own damn business, that we can use any printer we choose adn to stop telling us what to do , but it will start a new family fued between her dad and I.He always sticks up for her..and I am sick of it.I need some advice please, before I loose it.Someone didn't learn her manners when she was a kid..deceased mother( 6 years) or daddy?

forgotten wife's picture

You need to do what your friend said: stick up for yourself. If she acts like a child, reprimand her as you would one: SD, please let "male friend" finish what he was doing. If he needs or wants your help, he'll ask for it."

"SD, please don't tell my company what to do. I'll inform them of my intensions and what we're doing."

"SD, please let us decide what electronic equipment we want to use."

A couple of these, CONSISTANTLY applied, and maybe she'll shut her trap around you. She won't like you, but who cares? She obviously has very little respect for you.