You are here

Should I Intervene?

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Step-Sil owes DH a large sum of money for a vehicle transferred to his name 2 weeks ago. DH and SSIL did not finalize payment details. SSIL seems to have forgotten or has no intention of paying. I am sure SD feels this is their piece of our pie before we move away.

I am tempted to contact SSIL and ask him when he intends to pay my DH. DH is too nice to ask him. I would look like the witch, but what else is new.

The vehicle was only my DH's - I did not put any money into it and it was in his name only. BUT, we have a big move coming up and need the money IMO. DH said we don't really need the money right away. RIDICULOUS!

I think you ladies are right. Wait until I am sure it is a problem. It would definitely cause WW3 and it just isn't worth it right before we move. Thanks.

Child???? He is 41 years old with a 6 figure income. DH is retired on a fixed income and I still work for all the extras. Dh paid child support and had 50/50 custody so this scenario is nothing like the one you describe. They are just plain greedy and entitled in my opinion.