You are here

SS "can't"move out

surfermom's picture

So, after 11 months of gluten free, raw vegan ss and Girlfriend + cat living with us, they announce they can't find somewhere to rent because it is just too hard... As the January 1st deadline approaches, they haven't found anything. I am the evil stepmother who want them to be homeless...I am also a miserable b***. DH stopped that sentence before ss finished it, I 'll give him that a t least. My DH's response? I can buy a condo as an investment, and you guys can live there!I'm like, um, what?!!! Two adults in their twenties who spend all free time eating and cooking and watching cat videos in their pajamas can't rent an apartment?

surfermom's picture

It's my dream life too! That's why it sucks to watch them do it while I'm leaving to work and take care of a toddler. I wish I could enjoy the beautiful home I pay for!

sandye21's picture

Wait! You pay for the house? DH should be paying for 1/2 of the household expenses. SS should be out on Jan 1st. Period.

ETexasMom's picture

Tell hubby you'll take the condo investment and they can continue to live with him!!!

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Good for you on calling her out on that bs. After a while, these moochers start believing their own excuses. If the truth hurts, it's still TRUTH.

thisisnotmocking's picture

They could probably RENT one, they'd just expect your DH to PAY the rent... And the utilities. And the groceries. And the WiFi. And, and, and.

Ew.

notsobad's picture

Hahahaha, it's not an investment if you aren't getting any rent!!

Sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter to you. But seriously, what does DH think is going to happen? That he'll buy a place and they'll suddenly start to pay rent? Pay the utilities? Buy food??

stepinafrica's picture

Smile I think that if your DH has enough money to pay for the condo and still cover his portion of the household expenses, then let him buy the damn apartment. This is the easiest solution because your DH will be happy, the kids will be happy and most importantly YOU will be happy!

I would not fight this.

misSTEP's picture

There would be no "investment" because the place would be destroyed. People who don't have to pay for things tend to not appreciate or take care of those things.