You are here

SWEET FRICKIN’ KARMA!

toywas's picture

A few days ago I received a text from my BD26 that MY ex had a second heart attack and is in the hospital. I have 3 kids - my oldest son graduated from college last week, and my other 2 kids, BD26 and BS28, are in the military and are flying home this weekend. Due to the military, I haven’t seen my kids in 4 years. I am elated and very proud that they’re coming home (their father was a total prick to them and me – hence, divorce).

My sweet karma - DH has to listen to my kids and I talk about MY ex and all the good ole’ days we had over and over. Fortunately, my kids and DH get along great. In fact, my BS28 asked me if DH and I would be willing to have dinner with my kids, their father (my ex) and their stepmom. Of course, I said yes. I know there will be no scene, everyone will talk and laugh, and I will bet that DH will wonder “damn, why can’t MY kids act like human beings?!”

Have a great weekend!

toywas's picture

thanks my dear! This is another Mother's Day weekend for me with my kids coming home. I too am sorry about my ex and what he's going through; he too is learning the hard way how to treat others. My kids haven't seen their dad in 6 years (he was a prick!) so I'm sure this is going to be hard for them, i.e., their dad may die and plus communication is almost nil.

And dinner of course will be great - I'm ordering steak and my favorite drink; I do have to celebrate my kids coming home!)