You are here

Vent about my PIA SS - brought SKANK home at 3 a.m.

LizzieA's picture

Short background: SS, 19, chose to live with free ranging mother BM after divorce, got in trouble with law for truancy, pot, DUI, etc, had to go to charter school after failing 8th grade 2 times--all bad decisions with DH not allowed input. (BM reverted back to teen-hood herself after divorce)

A couple months ago he wanted to move in with us with plan to get job and live with friends who were moving down. He's not a bad kid, talented in music, personable. But he is incredibly unstable especially when he drinks. So he flip-flops between getting it together and totally going off the rails, ie. staying out all night and then sleeping all day instead of job hunting.

He was here for 3 weeks then went home to get the rest of his stuff and drive down with friend. At that point DH had told him the way it had to be in our house or don't come back. Of course it was a f-up--the friend wasn't ready to come and why didn't SS have his stuff ready BEFORE he came down the first time so it could be shipped? So, wasted trip and he lost out on work here from 2 jobs while he was up there 2 weeks. Oh, people can just pay his tickets for him, don't you know? 1) down 2) up 3) back down...

So he comes back this week, has good day with DH, then goes out to see a friend for a couple of hours---next thing it's 3 a.m. and he's brought home this skank who is sitting at my dining table with a giant bowl of food and telling me that SS said she could come stay with us until late the next day when someone would pick her up. Uh--no! I took her home and then lit into SS, telling him this was MY house and if he can't go by MY rules, then back home to BM. (BM lets any and everyone shag at her house--not me!) This was a work night, of course, so it ruined the next day.

He stayed in bed for 2 days (poor baby--not) and now the latest is he wants to go into the service so of course has to go "home" first. So--trip #4! His fool mother is paying for all this..

We live in a great place for kids, college town, tons of music opportunities, and ALL SS has to do is get work and get his game on. Where BM lives is a dying area with NO jobs. And DH knows lots of big wigs in music so could have really helped him. But he is too immature and useless to be able to do even do the little we require.

He thinks we're rough? Woo-hoo wait until he gets a real taste of reality with those drill sergeants!

I am beyond disgusted!!! I don't even want to talk to him at all.

LizzieA's picture

Good to know, but he's heading back to BMs and she can worry about it. He's been talking to a recruiter and he was told April 1. Whatever that means.

LizzieA's picture

Oh, man, he has been in trouble so many times! Do they mean presently or ever? If it's ever, he is not going to get in. He's been arrested for pot, drinking, driving while intoxicated, the last as an adult.

But I'm not going to say anything. I don't want him here anymore. I am so sick over it. I really had wanted him to come and thought he would have a great time and move forward in life.