You are here

SD Making up lies

RazzyG's picture

So my SD 12 almost 13 has been telling lies to other people about me. Ex: Talking to a friend via social media. Friend: "hey you go hang out?" SD: my dad is not home. Friend: ask the other "man" SD: "No she'll yell at me" EX: BM she(SM) won't bring me to your house!

I'm sick of her crap, her BM crap saying she never has to listen to and she never has to visit my family cause her BM "WILL put a stop to it!" Arghhh

I do so much for her, take her shopping, nails and hair, etc etc. Stuff her BM can't afford and then I find out she's lying! She wants to go out of state with me this summer to see some of my family, but I reaally don't think I want to take her!! But she already knows about the trip.

rainbow bright83's picture

I agree with everyone on this: Stop doing things for her!!! Having nice things at her age such as nails, hair, whatever is a privilege and if she's lying about you then you take those things away. She wont ever learn if you keep doing nice things for her.

Orange County Ca's picture

How is it you know what she's been typing? Don't all kids blame their parents for stuff? I.e. if she wanted to "hang" wouldn't she do so? She probably doesn't like that particular kid.

Since you've been invading her privacy and what you found is your only complaint worth mentioning here I'd forget about it.

Kids are never thankful to parents, step-parents least of all. Either take her on the trip because you'll both have fun or tell her you're angry about what you found while invading her privacy.

nobios3steps's picture

Stop doing anything, my 2 sk's do the same and has even resorted to hitting me, which isnt tolerated.

They are both headed down some roads that they dont really want to travel on. They are both so much like their BM