You are here

10 things you like about your skids

Roarin1's picture

To take a breath and realize it isn't all bad, even if I maybe want to scream most of the time.

1 - SS14 gets good grades (All As and Bs this year so far).

2 - SS14 does little things for his mom all the time. I like to think that I was a good influence in him doing this.

3 - He listens to metal. }:)

4 - Complete Star Wars junkie, and is learning to like a lot of other sci-fi/fantasy stuff as well.

5 - Shows a lot of adult level empathy towards his dad when visits are missed because of illness, money problems, or conflicting schedules. With my own son living with his BM in another household, I can appreciate a kid that is understanding and forgiving.

6 - Bakes some really good banana bread.

7 - Likes "bitter balls of bitterness". (my wife's term for Brussels Sprouts, one of my faves)

8 - Grows his hair long instead of looking like a Justin Bieber wanna-be like the rest of his generation. (Now if only he'd wash it...)

9 - Is fine with inexpensive clothing, when a lot of his friends want 150 dollar pairs of shoes, and 80 dollar jeans.

10 - That there's still hope that eventually he'll grow out of the things that drive me insane.

bestwife's picture

He's 24 so I feel absolutely no sense of responsibility for his crappy life. His choices. I'd feel different if he were 15.

He's never stolen anything from me.

He has manners.

He loves my dog.

He has good hygiene.

StorybookGirl's picture

SS is 2.

1. He loves Star Wars.
2. He giggles when we "booty dance"
3. He is really great with animals. Doesn't pull their hair or ears, just sometimes gets a little overzealous with petting.
4. He refuses to follow his dad and call all primates "monkeys" and corrects his dad and says "no, they apes" when talking about chimps (I have worked with chimps and orangutans in the past, my guy likes to call them monkeys to annoy me.)
5. He gives great hugs.
6. He always asks if I'm okay if I sneeze or cough.
7. He likes to sing silly songs with me.
8. He sings our "booty dance" song to the tune of Feres Jacques.
9. He roars at lions.
10. He always picks cool animals to ride on the merry go round at the zoo.

Rags's picture

We took our son, my niece and the little guy to see the movie with my mom.

Every time the dinosaurs would growl, he would loudly growl back at them. The whole theater would laugh every time he growled at the dinosaurs.

It was a classic.  He just told me today that he and his GF have decided to get married. I will tell that story at his wedding.

Elea's picture

Can't do it ... They manage to spoil even the qualities I would admire in other people ... For example SD21 wears inexpensive clothes but then she seeks sympathy from her dad that she has to take (steal?) her clothes from the lost and found because she doesn't have nice things. Wah wah wah

Rags's picture

1.  He is a good man, lives a great life, is kind, smart as he can be, and he has great character judgement.

2. He laughs like me.

3.  He thinks much like I do.  And of course much like his mom thinks.

4. He loves and respects his mom. 

5. He has chosen a life of service to his Country, his community, and our family.

6. He has learned to love and care about his BIoDad's clan though he has no respect for them.

7. He has a fantastic dry sense of humour.

8. He honors strong commited relationships.

9. He is a man of outstanding character and lives a life of honor.

10.  He wears our family name on his uniform.  He is my son. (We have papers).

Renewed's picture

It's great to see a positive post!

I don't think I can come up with 10 but:

1. She loves her father.

2. She's respectful to her father.

3. She gets good grades and excels academically.

4. She holds two jobs and has her own apartment, so she's financially responsible.

5. She's musically inclined.

6. She gets along well with my kids.

7. She doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

8. I fully expect she'll finish grad school and move on to a good job.

9. She's not sleeping around and bringing home babies.

Okay, I got more than I thought I could! 

caninelover's picture

First of all LOL @ bitter balls of bitterness.

I'll try but I don't think I'll make it to ten:

1.  She loves her father.

2.  She has ambition and wants to be successful.

3.  She doesn't live inappropriately (drugs, partying, etc).

4.  She wants to help other people.

5.  She is frugal and buys clothes from the thrift store.

OK, that really is all.  Sorry I did try but that's all the positive things I can say about her.