You are here

And Babies will make Eight

JudySL's picture

So...where do I start...

He has 3. I have 3.

And I'm pg with twins.

Since we have made the announcement, his kids have had very little to do with us. His youngest is 16. I think he'd be fine with the babies if I weren't part of the package, lol. His 20 year old is too busy to really hang with us. And his 23 year old isn't taking his phone calls. He wasn't doing so wonderfully with them before the announcement, but our upcoming event seems to have cemented me into the picture and I think they don't like it. Also, BM has likely weighed in on the subject with a "he wronged me" attitude.

My kids (20, 23 and 27) aren't too happy about our babies although the eldest seems to be taking it in stride.

DH, his head in the clouds, thinks everything will right itself after a year or so...

Trying not to laugh too hard.

RedWingsFan's picture

Ok, so let me get this straight: ALL of the "kids" (except the teenager) are grown right? WHO GIVES A SHIT WHAT THEY THINK???????????

And the 16 yr old? Well, so very sorry sweetie, but suck it up. Your dad married someone else and is having babies with her. SO.FFFFING.WHAT. Now, if the teen has to worry about you constantly making him babysit after the twins are born, I could see some push back from him! LOL Your kids too - what's their beef with you?

These "kids" all sound like spoiled, whiny little toddlers who were told that they couldn't have dessert after dinner. Sheesh. I'd be laughing my ass off if I were you. And that includes laughing at your own kids too!!

That's just my opinion.

JudySL's picture

You are so right. They are narcissistic - even the best adjusted among them.

My stepdaughter who is extremely high functioning in every way - finishing college in 3 years, working in a laboratory, etc., never bothers to ask or say a thing about the babies or me. It's ALL about her.

My bio daughter refuses to let me fly her in to see the babies when they are born because she says that there is nothing in it for her.

And we each have a son who has decided not to talk to us at all.

So sad - but for them, not for me. I'm excited that I get this piece of my husband that is all mine.