You are here

Is the Bio-Mom Serious.... I mean really

tellmewhywhywhy's picture

New to Step-talk. this place is AWESOME. Anyway....

Married to DH for 4 1/2. There are 3 Skids...17 year old boy, 14 year old boy (first ex wife) and 6 1/2 year old girl (second ex-wife).

The 14 year old boy has been living with us for 10 months. DH has continued to pay child support to his ex even though the boy lives with us.

The 17 year old graduates from HS next week and then turns 18 in October.

On Sunday, the BM told my DH that she expects him to continue to pay full child support after the the oldest turns 18 and even though the 14 year old will be living with us until he graduates from HS. Her reason... because she needs the money because she is divorced from her second husband and he has not been paying CS for the child from her second marriage.

Is she crazy? Is she delusional? What in the world is wrong with this woman.

Jsmom's picture

Um hell no...Tell her to get a job....He is a fool for giving her anything if the kid is living with you. GET A JOB....

The funny thing is she has a job and makes more than my DH. I just don't understand. I told my DH that if he doesn't legally stop paying the CS in October, our marriage may be over.

purpledaisies's picture

There is NO way I'd still be there if he continued to pay! But the thing about bm is that she will do what she is ALLOWED to do.

Well, well, well... low and behold, my DH just called me to tell me he has started the process to modify the child support to $0.

I am sure the BM will try to fight it. I don't think think she has a leg to stand on.

When the 17 turns 18- the CS ends anyway.

But when SS14 goes for his weekend visits with her, she does not even have a bed for him. He has to sleep on the couch or in the recliner. She only has two bedrooms.. Bedroom 1 is for her and he new BF. Bedroom 2- well SS17 shares that room with his half sister. (which is illegal in CA.)

Not to mention, the reason he came to live with us was due to the SS14 constantly fighting with half sister and his BM.

Since he has been with us, he has had great grades and made the honor roll. No fighting or issues other than being a typical teenager. he helps around the house and is respectfu.

So I hope the court will take all of this into account if she tries to fight the CS issue.

caregiver1127's picture

Make sure you go to court or notify them at least a month before SS is turning 18 that you will be stopping the child support and he needs to get the CS for the 14 year old stopped and take her to court to get CS from her - it is not for the parent to decide if they should collect - both parents need to contribute to the raising of the child and even if you don't need the money - put it away for college for SS14 or even for a car one day or when he turns 18 and you want him out of the house then you can help him pay for an apartment - make sure DH gets money from her.

Funny you should say to get the money from her. He said he plans on telling the judge that he doesn't want her money and that having him in a safe and nurturing environment is more important than any money he could recieve from her.

If she has to pay him.. she will go ballistic. She literally told him.. "you should be thankful that I haven't come after you for more support.. after all I am entitled to an increase every year".. What? She obviously doesn't know the law. She is entitled to an annual review, not an increase. And based on her income... she would have lost money.

But I know this is going to be a battle for sure.

lpollard8985's picture

The things we put up with!!!!!! I know, it really makes you just sick! :sick:

Unfreakingreal's picture

Why did he wait 10 months to get the support modified? Geeze, I was going ballistic because it took my husband 2 months to get the CS reduced after SS moved in with us. The damn nerve of these women!!!

stepmasochist's picture

DH got custody of the skids three years ago. His employer knew about it and stopped garnishing his pay. It still took TWO YEARS to get out from under the monthly racking up of the CS bill with the attorney general. It was unbelievable. Thanks to his boss, we weren't paying her all that time or we'd just be out all that money. It felt so good when we got that decision in court. BM cried. Like she actually thought she deserved all of that or something though the kids lived with us. :jawdrop:

stepmasochist's picture

In fact, if one kid lives with him and one kid lives with her, he shouldn't be paying her anything once the oldest turns 18. The two should cancel each other out. He pays for one, she pays for the other. Yep, get that modified immediately. To hell with her. He's supposed to pay CHILD support - not alimony. BM need to grow up and figure out how to feed herself. Just another example of how the system causes the entitlement.

stormabruin's picture

Why is she expecting your DH to pay CS on a kid that isn't his instead of "expecting" the kid's father to pay?

If the kid's dad isn't paying support, she needs to deal with that through court.

If your DH continues to pay, he's CRAZY! What does the CO say? Can your DH just stop paying when the kid graduates or does he have to request a court date to have it stopped? Whatever it says is what needs to happen.

Because she really does think she deserves it. She thinks she is the greatest Mother in the world.. but she has caused these kids to literally be stupid. They honestly lack intelligence.. I mean dumb kids!

Well, I guess because he is a nice guy and he wanted to keep the battles down to a minimum. Thats the only thing I can come up with.

Oh and his ex has the nerve to tell him that ever since he married me things have gone downhill because she has less access to his money so to speak.

Well, before he met me, he didn't have a pot to piss in. Since marrying me he finally owns a home and new cars, has nice things. Before me literally had nothing.

Guess she felt better about herself when he had nothing.

UPDATE... Child Support stops on September 30th. ALL of it! I know the BM is sweating bullets! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA