You are here

BM got SD a meanigful frame...

Ondasash's picture

My Sd went to her moms Friday and came bck yesterday. I can't stand my SD or the BM. The BM is a drug addict and my husband has full custody since she was 2. The BM hasn't been in her life til I engaged and married. Now BM wants her every weekend but we allow every other weekend. Well, my SD (10) came home and showed me a frame like thing that says "Daughter, I love you, I remember when I first held u in my arms..." yadda yadda. And my SD told me her BM has a "Mother" one too. I told her that was nice and sweet. Which it is. But idk if I really wanted to know about those things. My SD calls me mom here and out in public but I kinda wish she wouldn't. I mean why? Why call me mom and I'm not her mom. I have 2 boys who are 4 yrs old and 6 months old and they call me mom. I'm great! Lol. But my SD has a mom who now wants her in her life and buys her stuff for mother and daughter so... how should I feel about this? Upset? Thankful? Annoyed? I feel a bit jealous and out of place when she showed me that. I just don't know if I should be happy or what? Idk how I really feel about about this and I don't like my SD but if she calls me mom... I guess I feel not appreciated by her to be called mom by her since she has a mom already. Does this make sense? But how do I tell my husband I don't want his daughter calling me mom anymore? She has a mom and there is no need to have two people called the same name.?

BSgoinon's picture

Honestly, at this point I think it would be sad if you had her stop calling you mom. You are her mom, you have raised her, you are the one that is there for her. And I think it is perfectly ok for a kid to call 2 people MOM. Just because this woman pushed her out doesn't make her a mom.

I think your feelings are probably hurt. Mine would be too. But I would hate to see you punish SD over this. Sometimes we just have to suck it up for these kids. I am certain you love SD, her mom will grow wearing of playing "mom" and as SD gets older, she will realize her her REAL MOM is.

Just my opinion of course. Wink

Ondasash's picture

Yea that would be sad and mean for me to have her stop calling me mom. Lol. I haven't actually raised though. I came in her life about 3 years ago. She was turning 8 the week I met her. She is now 10. I guess it is a bit hurtful. It made me feel upset and wondering why she brought it home and didn't keep it over her moms house. Lol. Selfish of me. I don't know why I care b/c I don't like my sd. So i'm going crazy trying to figure out why I even care.

BSgoinon's picture

Because you are a good person with a heart.

It is possible her mom told her to take him home with her. Since she is there most of her life. I understand the hurt feelings. Heck it bothers me when SS's calls BM "mom". LOL, and she IS HIS MOM.

Try not to hold it against SD. 10 is a tough age for a girl. I have a 10 yo girl, she is very emotional!