Lost

Ondasash's picture

Haven't been on here in a while! Glad to be back and get hopefully get some good advice! Smile so yesterday my Sd 11 almost 12 had a band concert that her dad and I couldn't make so her grandmother took her. When we picked her up I had called my baby brother who is same age as SD to see how he did on his soccer game. I wasn't thinking about how rude it was for me not to ask about my SD's event right off. I don't really like her anyways but my intentions were to ask her all about it when we got home to get more details! My brother don't live with us and I was trying to catch him before bed. My husband was pissed and he brought up this stuff about how my family and I don't like her anyways and blah blah. And let me clarify from earlier... I like her but I can't stand her of her ways so I don't like her ways. But anyways so my husband was trying to show pics of my bro and I that we took together and all to prove I don't like his daughter. Well his daughter is hardly home although we have full custody of her. So his daughter wasn't present at the time of the pic! I had to explain my feelings to him and let him know he was wrong but I am still learning his kid! Been married for almost 3 years and have known her for 2 barely that! So... My brother I know since birth so of course we are close! Am I a horrible wife or SM because I am more close to my brother? Just because I don't see his daughter as my own fully ( her mom is in the life) I am the horrible one? I don't take pics of us so I am wrong? My son is treated is well but he has known my husband since he just turned 1 and the Bio dad is not in the pic at all. Any advice? Sorry so long

katielee's picture

I think it's ridiculous of your husband to expect you to not express love for those in your life whom you... um... love. It's ridiculous to try to make you feel guilty about loving your brother like you should, and it's unrealistic to expect the same expressions of love for a stepdaughter that might not have been so nice to you. He needs to get his head in the real world. Just because he sees Princess as so lovable doesn't mean everybody does.

Ondasash's picture

Omg! Yes!! At the beginning she was a big liar on me, my mom and son! Her grandmother was too and we never did anything to them! We were to nice actually! But I never said or did anything wrong about his kid. I tried loving her as my own but her ways weren't allowing that for me. I am there for her when she needs me and i take her everywhere. I'm actually more nice to her than her own parents but that will never be seen by My husband. My family and I are all close. We're like the second Karadhians but classier probably lol. So I'm not wrong for thinking my husband is being an ass about this? I do understand that I could have asked SD first but at the same time my brother don't live here and I see the SD. I had no intentions of not asking about her concert. I just didn't do it the way my husband saw fit I guess and so now this! And he said Since this shit is always going on ( which is not true but when something doesn't go right for him with his kid...) that he will start doing it to my kid who is now 5 and only knows my husband as dad.