You are here

couples counseling

truebloodfreak's picture

SO and I need couples counseling ASAP. We are not.married but have been together 4 years. We have a 14 month old son and he has 2 boys --9 and 14 that live with us 365 because their BM is a piece of shit Lowlife deadbeat. I've had issues with being a step-parent before now its a little different because I have my own child that I don't want to end up like SS's. SO and I also have trust issues as well. Where can we go for counseling that is free or very inexpensive. We can't afford our basics barely so paying money for counseling will only add to the financial stress we have.

stepgin's picture

You might try contacting your county mental health center. They may be able to advise you. Good luck!

mama_althea's picture

Even the very small town I live in has a counseling center that works on a sliding scale based on income, so I'm thinking most places will have this as well. If an online or yellow pages search doesn't come up with anything, you might call any counseling office in town to see if they can refer you to the right place. Your physician's office might have that information too.

Best wishes...

truebloodfreak's picture

I don't have health insurance! ! I have a medical card because my income is low.but I believe its just for basic doctor visits. I'm also working as a contract worker for.my company so I don't get benefits until if they hire me.permanently. Would we be able to see anyone who accepts Medicaid?

cant win for losin's picture

Medicaid does have mental/behavorial health coverage also. Call the number on the back of your card. They will also be able to give you a list of local counselors that accept medicaid.