You are here

ex step-mom guilt

truebloodfreak's picture

Me and my son's father split up in December. We co-parent and my son is with him 5 days a week when I'm at work. My sons father also has 2 kids age 9 & 14. (read my blogs) I helped out a lot, practically raised his kids because of his work schedule. I feel guilty or bad because I feel like my son will prefer to be with his father and.half.brothers over me. Their mother was not involved. She left them.when.the younger one was a baby to go live her life - get a new man and.have 2 more kids and.move across the country. I feel weird when I go to pick up my son. I can't imagine growing up without a mom or mother figure. Even though I was disengaged I still was there cooking cleaning etc... now the 14 year old stayshome alone ad the 9 year old goes with his dad to.work while I take the baby home with me. I dont want my step-sons aka My son's half brothers to hate me or take.out anger against me.towards my son. Hes only 21 months but still I worry. Me and my son's father couldn't work things out and I know we can't be together. I just feel bad and.guilty ..I don't know why I have guilt because I'm not.their mother but I see more than.she does because of my son.