You are here

Need advice

Sunnyplace's picture

Hi. My first time writing on this forum.
I need some advice and tips on how to deal with my daily issues.

I've got a issue with my step daughter. She's 18 living with us permanently as she was kicked out of her mum's house.

She has always been a trouble but my husband does not discipline.
She deferred her university without discussing with us and pretended that she was attending. Not working at all, stays at her boyfriends house most times and comes back when she needs money and petrol which my husband is helping. She does not help with any house chores at all. Leaves her dirty underwear, used tampons in the kids shower and my 11 year old son uses he shower too.

Also there are other things she has done wrong but nothing has being dealt with.

I have spoken to my husband many times but he says that I'm being mean and resentful.
What should do?

Sunnyplace's picture

Thank you for your advice. Will try to talk about house rules. Hope she gets the message.

emotionaly beat up's picture

I agree. But first I'd be making sure your husband is picking up those used tampons and dirty underwear. If you're doing this, your part of the problem. If there are tampons in the kids bathroom and your son needs to shower let him use your shower till your husband cleans up after his daughter. She might be bad. Your husband is worse for allowing it. No wonder her mother kicked her out. Probably time you did too. If your husband likes living in her filth then let him go with her. This s disgusting. Would your husband like it if you were leaving your used tampons around. Try it and see.

Sunnyplace's picture

Thank you for the advice.
I will stop picking up her stuff and see what my husband is going to do about it.

TacoThug's picture

Yea, don't let him pull the children come first bull crap. She's old enough to get her self together and like others have said, if the husband isn't on board or willing to find a compromise, then dump his ass.

Sunnyplace's picture

I agree. But he's so over protective of his daughter. I really want him to wake up and face the reality.

Sunnyplace's picture

My husband will never kick her out. He told me the other day that she'll be living with us until she's 23....
She's more than welcome if she follows the house rules. But the thing is my husband doesn't believe in house rules...